Turning part of your iPhone's storage to a Flash Drive, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bdubb, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Not sure if this has been discusses before..I did do a search I got totally unrelated topics.

Is there a recent (and supported) Cydia app that can turn your iPhone into a flash drive? I have a 32Gb and after syncing three quarter of my Itunes playlist on it and every app I own and like 20 TED podcast videos, I still have more than half of the iphone (around 18GB) free and I highly doubt I will ever find good use of at least 10 gigs of that drive.

( I had to buy a 32Gig recently for J/b purposes)

I am hoping there's a safe and reliable app that can make a partition on your iPhone to the users set size and act like a USB flash drive every time the iPhone is plugged to a computer and PS3 or other electronic devices..

Does such thing exist? and if so, is it recommended or not?

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I haven't heard of a iPhone being used as a Flash Drive, and even if you did i think you would need OpenSSH

3. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Here are the instructions for using iPhone as a USB drive. But the instructions are a bit complicated.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5437

4. Bdubb thread starter macrumors regular

Bdubb

Thanks for the link..

It sure does look complicated :eek: ...

being the paranoid freak that I am, I always want to make sure my iPhone is at it's optimum performance and it's not hindered by bad code, apps etc.

Would you know the track record of this App? I have a 3Gs...I'm sure it works with 3Gs?

I will give this one a shot later one and report back, thanks again.

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular

I have not heard of any problems, but that just means I have not seem them myself. I suggest you find the developers website and read all the instructions there and see if there are any known issues.