Turning Vibrate off on just Emails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sddabrow, Oct 19, 2011.

1. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Hello - I did a search but wasn't able to find the answer I was looking for.

I am coming from Android and used to be able to set specifics to all notifications.

I receive a good bit of emails a day and would like the following to happen:

1. Do not turn on screen (currently does not with my settings)
    2. Do not vibrate (Can't seem to get this one on JUST Mail)
    3. Do not play a sound when mute switch is on and play a sound when mute switch is off (Works just fine)
    4. Show in notification center (Works just fine)

Is there a way for me to have all these requirements - big thing I want is for it to stop vibrating and losing power every email I get. If I want to be alerted, I want a noise to be played when I want it to. Otherwise, I want it to be completely silent with no vibrate.

Is there a way to do this without turning off vibrate for texts, phone calls, etc.?

2. rcappo macrumors regular

I am interested in this as well. I get these spam messages at 3 or 4am, and the phone vibrates...

3. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly - I want my phone to be able to vibrate for a text or call if it is an emergency, but don't need the emails to vibrate at night or during the day when I'm sitting on my laptop.

Loved how my android handled notifications. Of course, I love the iPhone a lot more in various ways.. but hope there is a solution.

4. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

I assume for 1, you just have it set to no notification on lock screen correct? But doesn't that also mean it doesn't show up on lockscreen?

Anyway, the only way to achieve 2 is by going into your sounds, and setting New Mail tone to None. It will no longer vibrate. But of course, it will also be silent should you ever want to go off vibrate. May be a fair trade off if you are majority on vibrate.

5. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct - I have it set up to not show on lock screen, I have to unlock the phone to see the emails.

Thanks for the info.. didn't know that putting "none" will turn off the vibrate. Not exactly what I was looking for.. would like for it to still make a noise during the day.. but may need to live with it off. Guess there won't be a need for me to have it on "push" then.

6. rcappo macrumors regular

7. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

To bring back a zombie thread from the dead.... I was having this problem..

In iOS 6.x, you can go to SETTINGS->SOUNDS->NEW MAIL->VIBRATION->NONE