TV out on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbmike73, Nov 1, 2011.

1. vbmike73 macrumors regular

I used to use my iPod A/V cable to watch my videos on a TV. Worked fine, no issues. Now with IOS 5 I can't seem to get it to work? I just started to use Home Sharing, so I can see all my videos on my iPhone just fine, but it won't play those out the A/V cable. That's when I noticed that it won't even play my local videos stored on my iPhone. Any ideas?

Also, on a side note, I have been testing out Air Video and looking at similar streaming apps. Are there any that will allow me to use TV out with that as well? From what I am reading it seems Air Video will allow you to, provided you have an iPhone 4 or iPad 2. So it wouldn't work with the 3GS. Which is fine since I'll be upgrading soon anyways. But didn't know if there is a better streaming app out there that would allow me to use TV out on my 3GS.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Check [Settings > General > TV Out > TV Signal] and see if your phone maybe got set to PAL during the upgrade to iOS5.

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I know I've seen the PAL/NTSC option somewhere but I'm not finding the "TV Out" option using the path displayed above.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

With the cable plugged in you don't see that? Won't be there if the cable isn't connected.

5. PPFee macrumors 6502

On my original iPhone that option is always there, regardless of if the cable is in it or not.

6. vbmike73 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the cable plugged in and I'm not seeing the options either. No TV out under General. What's up?