TV shows or movies that you think should be remade or expanded on.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Malsi, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Malsi macrumors regular

Is there a TV show or movie(s) that you think Hollywood should either reboot, remake or expand upon? I'm sure you have nostalgic memories of some thing that you used to watch and wish there was a show like it today.
    As for myself, I would hope that they bring back Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was my favorite show growing up, and I have many fond memories of it (even though they used a double for all her fight scenes :mad: ). I don't necessarily want them to remake the show, but rather expand on it's lore. Perhaps some evil being finds away to reverse the "multi-slayerizing" of all the potentials and giving us an entirely new singular slayer. And who doesn't like watching a girl/woman kick butt! :D

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

3. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife and I loved both of these shows and were quite sad when they were cancelled.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i want veronica mars to come back. one of my favorite shows ever, and i'm sad it only got three seasons.

as for buffy, they kind of did expand on the story with the season 8 comic books. i haven't read it myself, but i hear it's really good.

i don't understand how a person could be named stringfellow.

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Barney Miller. I loved that show. Every cop show nowadays involves lots of killing and guns. The bad guys are stereotypical caricature, not believable characters. Same with the good guys.:rolleyes:
    Barney Miller is the greatest cop ever. He never killed anyone, never fired a shot. What a guy.:cool: And the characters were real people with real flaws and quirks.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

8. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

It was the 80s! You can't ask questions like that. ;)

9. Queso macrumors G4

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No need to preach to me, for I am the entire choir.

So many levels in the characters on that show, it should be taught in cinema schools.

Unfortunately, the modern viewer has no time for these nuances. They demand flash.

Pity.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Barney Miller was great. One of my all time favorites.

The hash brownies episode may be the funniest TV episode ever.

12. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Freaks and Geeks.

Such a weird show but very good. Had an all star cast including Seth Rogan, Jason Segel, Ben Stiller and a few other notables but for some reason only had 1 season.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Millennium. Lance Henrickson was great in that show.

14. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place was pretty rad. I think another season would be good.

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Definitely an interesting story. I was one of the many that bugged CBS and sent nuts--the whole deal. It was an exciting day when they said they were bringing it back.

Unfortunately, the viewers (or the ratings at least) just never showed up.

CBS did make a valiant effort though for the fans of the show. They at least tried to wrap it up, instead of just making everyone wonder.

16. 184550 Guest

I hope that De Niro is able to expand upon 'The Good Shepherd', he's mentioned that he has ideas for another movie or two. I would love to see this come fruition.

17. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

You said it, brother.

They should never have killed it off.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If ever there was a candidate for a TV series remake, it's Lost in Space, which started out with a promising premise and some good straight adventure episodes, and quickly degenerated into absurd 1960s pop/camp. I still have fond memories of the earliest episodes -- the crash landing, Col. (not Dr.) Smith trying to murder the crew, the 80-ft. cyclops....

Neither the 1998 movie nor the 2004 re-boot/pilot really captured the feel of those episodes.

Earth 2 kind of made a run at the same idea, but it was pretty lame as I recall.

19. JulesNYC macrumors regular

Greatest series that lasted only one season ever. It really holds up on its own and is very re-watchable.

Ben Stiller? Are you confusing...James Franco with him?

20. Malsi thread starter macrumors regular

I agree with this. It would be nice if they got a competent director and cast. It's just they're so hard to come by. I never really got into the actual series, but the 1998 movie piqued my interest.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Come on. THe remake isn't that bad. Definitely a fun hour and Grace Park is in it too. :D

22. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

There's already a remake?!? :eek:

Cool - now I'm gonna wish for a new MacBook Pro. :cool:

23. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^It's getting pretty decent rating too; seen a few episodes and it's not bad at all.