tvOS 10 No longer autoplays Home Sharing Videos

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by apunkrockmonk, Oct 1, 2016.

1. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Prior to tvOS 10 both of my Apple TV 4 units would autoplay Home Sharing TV series shows going onto the next episode automatically as the current episode ended. Now that I've spent some time with both units after updating to tvOS 10 neither will automatically play the next episode in a season as the current episode ends from a Home Sharing iTunes library.

It now acts just like the Apple TV 3 units do, I miss the old functionality but there is no option to revert. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

3. ekko20six macrumors newbie

I'm seeing the same thing and badly miss 'autoplay' or 'binge mode' - I really wish there was a toggle in the settings to turn it on or off as it seems to be a polarising feature with people either loving it or hating it.
    FWIW - I did report it to apple. Fingers crossed they give us the option for playing our media how we want to play our media.
    Also really wish for Siri search for Home Sharing content - even if it means I have to add extra metadata to every single file I have,

4. JBaby macrumors member

JBaby

I miss it too. I've gotten around it by creating a smart playlist.