Tweaks you need to get rid of the home button

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patent10021, Feb 11, 2012.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

I am noticing that I'm close to being able to forget about my home button completely.

With notification center, SBSettings, Activator and Zephyr this might be possible. I haven't tried Zephyr yet though. How do you swipe up to close apps with Zephyr if your apps have swipe up gestures? Can you customize the swipe up to say a two finger swipe up?

Also if you display is black because it's asleep is there a tweak that will wake up your phone just by tapping the screen? I know I could press the power button but I'd prefer a gesture.

2. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

Zephyr is all you need. Currently to access multitasking switcher bar you swipe up and hold (user defined time length). Can block it in certain aps or when the keyboard is used.

You can customise 2 or more finger gestures to switch/swipe horizontally between running apps.

Zephyr, for me is my most used tweak. Well worth the money.

3. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hands free wakes siri up when in standby, from there your in?

4. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

iphone 4 here. Same for iPhone 4?

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Can't help you with the wake function, but Activator (already installed with a lot of things) is all I use. It's reasonably flexible so you can customize it to most of your needs. For mine, it's set so that when in applications, a "tap and hold" on the status bar returns you to the home screen. The same action from the home screen puts the phone to sleep. A double tap on the status bar reveals Music Controls Pro, a left swipe gives me SBSettings. A single finger swipe up from the bottom reveals the switcher dock, but can be set for a two finger motion if you prefer. I haven't found the need to add anything else.