Twice! Yes 2 x Could not buy an in stock iPhone at Carphone Warehouse UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrober, Jul 26, 2008.

1. jrober macrumors regular

jrober

Hi,

My wife has been after an iPhone for ages and I persuaded her to hold out for the 3g one. So last sat we stopped at Carphone Warehouse in Tunbridge Wells to buy one.

They had one in stock but despite passing the credit check it would not pass the chip and pin verification because the salesperson said it was their software. We spend 40 mins there before we left empty handed (FYI this is worse than out of stock - it was there across the counter and not ours!)

So this Fri we went to the one near my in laws in Andover. Guess what same story along with cock and bull stories about "well it is the cheap chips in Royal Bank of Scotland, Nationwide and AmEx cards!" Same story could not buy an iPhone!!!!

What are CPW playing at!

Luckily this Sat afternoon the local o2 store had stock and the sell passed without a hitch.

Anyone else had the same issues.

It seems to be CPW software issues but the sales person said we were the third person who could not buy a iPhone in their store that day!

Yours with a happy wife and nearly stuck my head in the CPW store to say na na na na naaa.

John

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

odd. chip and pin verification is not done by CPW, its done buy the little machines you plug them into, and the pin verification is done by that machine, not software
    there may have been a problem getting your details in order to charge you, but i cant see why. if the card works everywhere, it is CPW and nothing to do with your card

also, why did you go to CPW? o2 stores are better (if thats possible!)