Twitter Users Blocked by Trump File Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 11, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-twitter-users-lawsuit.html

I don't think this suit has much merit. If you couldn't actually access his tweets because of IP or other harder "blocking" mechanisms, then I would think it would have merit. However - you can still read his tweets and even create another account and have access.

That being said - I don't think it says much about the President or his social team to block people because they speak out against him.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

all they need to do is look here since some like quoting his tweets :D

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

But we're biased. We only post the "bad" tweets. Not the tweets where he is winning winning winning... :rolleyes:

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

admitting your errors is the first step in healing yourself :D

5. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Don't look now but Wolf is at your front door. Apparently he wants to discuss the last meme you posted here.

6. zin macrumors 6502

He should block them all. Those blue tick mark social justice warriors who show up seconds after his tweets are incredibly annoying.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

As are the infinite bots who post prayers and other supportive posts. Let's not pretend it's one sided. Also - he's the President. He needs to develop thicker skin.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Log out. You can see them. The POTUS isn't required to give you an audience.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Twitter should do the world a huge favor, and just shut down, so that Trump can't tweet anymore. Just keep a private server so he thinks he's tweeting.
    We promise a substantial salary to each former twitter employee as a thanks for their good deed.

10. zin macrumors 6502

The bots never make it to the top. Only the tick marks make it to the top. That's the way Twitter has gamed it, I'm guessing.

It's the same thing with reddit. There's the main Donald Trump support subreddit, The_Donald, which has been blacklisted from the front page. Meanwhile, there's a dozen anti-Trump subreddits that use bots to send threads to the front page and reddit administrators do nothing about it. It's mass manipulation wherever you go, nothing new.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

And some people want these "tech" companies to be the ones that verify the news and show warnings of "fake news". What could go wrong.

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Funny. When I look at replies - there's a ton of right wing bots (and I don't mean that as an insult - it's either bots or people with really fast twitter fingers posting the same 7-8 images/videos/etc EVERY tweet)

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Back during the campaign, Mexican currency traders were thinking of rounding up $12B and so making a pretty irresistible offer to buy Twitter. which they then planned to shut down. It was costing them billions anyway to prop up the peso while Trump yammered on about building a wall and rejiggering NAFTA and bringing jobs that had stumbled over the border back home.

If progressives had had 2020 foresight then we'd have kicked in some spare change to help fund the Mexican traders' idea instead of spending it on Bernie trying to come for air while the DNC tried to drown him. No offense to Bernie, but getting Trump off Twitter sometimes now feels like would have been worth it before he landed in the Oval.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch