two 3G phones run sluggish with 3.0 whats up with that?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jun 11, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

does anyone else have this experience or am i just making stuff up in my mind?

2. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Did you do an update or a restore?

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Hmm. Did you restore from the backup? Was it running OK under 2.2.1?

I updated my 3G to 3.0 (rather than restored) and everything is working fine, running faster.

5. kwanzaa macrumors newbie

i have it running on my 3g and its running pretty well, i was wondering if tethering and mms are disabled on purpose im on vodafone in malta and from the keynote i understood that we would have them both, then again our phones are locked and if we take a small trip to italy we can get the phone unlocked and cheaper :/ ah well

6. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

I did a full restore and did not restore from backup. I sent an SMS today and for some reason, included in the chat bubble was the little grey line that separates the subject line from the body of the text messages. I got the little red circle. I tried it again and it worked properly. It wouldn't send initially because it had that line included in the text. So weird. Also, in regard to the thread topic (lol), mine does run sluggishly. I still see plenty of memory handling issues which sucks really.