Two 4S Questions, Camera Button and iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mach250, Dec 27, 2011.

1. mach250 macrumors member

Watched a video on apples website showing a camera button next to the lock slider, I don't have this and I'm on 5.0.1 from a phone I just got. How do I add this button to the lock screen?

with iCloud where does all the automatically backed up data/information (contacts/photos/music) go to on my PC? I looked in iTunes and don't see any iCloud tab.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The camera icon appears when you double click the home button while on the "slide to unlock" screen (click the home button twice very quickly).

With iCloud backups, none of the content is backed up to your own personal computer. It's all stored on Apple's servers.

3. mach250 thread starter macrumors member

4. mach250 thread starter macrumors member

one other thing, what happened to all the smiley faces for texts??

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I understand what you mean about iCloud now (I got confused as you mentioned backups, and iCloud backup is another feature). If you're using a PC, some features may not work as it's designed to integrate more with the Mac (for example, like the documents that the people in the video had showing up between their phones and Macs). You should be able to download apps and music on your computer or phone and it automatically show up on your other device though.

As for smilies, they have never been built directly into iOS. You'll need to install an app from the app store that has smilie packs (search for Emoji in the app store and lots of results will appear).

6. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Emoji is built into iOS 5... You may just need to add it as a keyboard, which can be done through Settings.app.

7. mach250 thread starter macrumors member

to be honest I'm only worried about photos for the icloud feature, if it doesnt work like the video on windows 7 I'll just turn icloud off.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Apple has released an iCloud Control Panel program for Windows, that lets you pick a folder where your photos will be automatically added to your computer.