Two dead and one wounded in Texas at Exhibition

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, May 4, 2015.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-shooting-20150503-story.html#page=1

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should host one of these in every state every other week

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Ok, so maybe letting Geert Wilders into the country was a bad idea...

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You are familiar with motive? Insider info?

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Did you read the article?

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

That doesn't answer my question. You know something everyone else doesn't?

Because the article states we don't even know who these people are, yet you seem to know motive confidently.

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You're right, I'm sure it was random.

8. Technarchy, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Probably not random, but since Geert Wilders was NOT present during Charlie Hebdo attack or during Theo van Gogh beheading (both of which dealt with prophet cartoons), I'm wondering about the source for your additional incite, since you quickly pinned this on Geert Wilders, when in reality this is par for the course for Islam given the event.

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Trying to win an argument with someone who was born yesterday is futile :eek:

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

The attackers obviously helped Geert Wilders' arguments.
    Which i consider rather sad since i hoped that over time his populistic & rather xenophobic approach will get exposed.

This will only add more fuel to the flame that is the resurgency of the right wing "us vs them" politicis in Europe.

We have come far in the last 10 years that i have to defend Geert Wilders freedom of speech.

Those islamistic motivated attacks on freedom of speech will only cause further difficulties for muslims around the world.

12. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

13. bobob, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015

bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

I liked this relatable analogy from another discussion:

14. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Just to be a sticker for facts, Theo van Gogh was not beheaded, and his murder had nothing to do with cartoons of the prophet.:(

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You're right. The killer only tried to decapitate him on the street after he shot him several times, stabbed him down to the spinal cord, and pinned a note on him.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I propose we have a series of "Lets Make Fun Of Jesus" Expos around the country and see how that goes. However, this is not making an excuse for violence based on any religious criticisms.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Piss Christ" didn't start any riots that I remember. Why?

Attached Files:

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Tell me.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My criticism and opinion:
    A group of Christians who instead of thinking ridiculing another religion as being distasteful and a negative activity, not worthy of their time, instead would embrace slaming Islam as a constructive activity not the official stated reason, freedom of speech. Singling out one religion was their error. They'd have more legitimacy if they chose to make fun of all religions, including Christianity. Would they do that? Hell no.

20. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Is there another faith in the world where mockery predictably leads to violence?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yeah, and all those women in the slut March deserve to be raped :rolleyes:
    Plenty of liberals openly mock Christians. Oddly enough the tuck their tails when it comes to Islam.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ain't that the truth. But I'm sure Huntn had the exact same things to say when Piss Christ was unveiled.:rolleyes:

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Well the difference was that in Texas there was a 10k prize attached to the winning drawing, liberals mock Christianity for FREE . Curious how many were ok with Charlie but have an issue with the Texans,, was it stupid & childish? YES

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Who?
    I spend plenty of time in this forum criticizing extremist Islamic views in this forum.

The majority of Muslims in this country have been peaceful, live and let live. Such an exhibition is designed to hurt all of the Muslim community, not just extremists, and has nothing to do with being respectful of other religious beliefs. I just can't believe that an "expo" would be organized for this purpose, as a worthy expenditure of energy. However, I do admit theire are a group of Islamic fundamentalists willing to pick up guns to handle religious slights and should not be acceptable.

Now as far as Christianity being picked on, if some substantial group of Christians were not out there shoving their views down everyone's throats, not trying to formalize their views into our laws, then they would not be made fun of either, at least not as much as they are.