two different sim cards and one iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Badrottie, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Will two different sim cards with different data plans can be use with one iPhone 4s? I am thinking about getting one sim card for my 2nd line iPhone 4s. Because Asurion rejected my claim for replacement and I can't afford to pay 700.00! So thought why not getting another sim card for my 2nd line iPhone…not sure if it will work.

Anyone have done it before?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Hmm not sure what you are trying to do here but you basic answer is yes. You can use two different Micro-SIMs with a single iPhone 4S. Very easy to swap them but the question is why. :confused:

Just a reminder the Micro-SIM determines the phone number for the phone. So what exactly are you trying to do by sharing one iPhone 4S between two Micro-SIMs with different data plans?

Dave

3. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Primary iphone 4s with grandfathered unlimited data plan (I am hearing impaired/deaf) and that iPhone 4s was lost/stolen.

2nd line iPhone 4s with 2GB data a month (they are no longer offered unlimited data plan anymore) and I still have it with me right now.

I feel comfortable with unlimited data plan by using FaceTime to talk with other deaf people…FaceTime uses large data so 2GB a month plan is not enough for me.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

That shouldn't be a constraint as FaceTime isn't enabled to be used over 3G, and WiFi data does not count towards your monthly usage cap.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

that is correct but I thought ip4s uses facetime with wifi and 3g enabled? And also I use two apps for hearing impaired called VRS apps that let hearing impaired people to use video call over 3g network

VRS stands for Video Relay Service