Two good things came out of the trackpad/keyboard freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FelicityW, Nov 7, 2013.

1. FelicityW macrumors regular

The first one is all about me: I ordered the 13" rMBP top of the line with 16GB RAM and the 1TB drive, and while I was staring at the carton due to not being willing to take the chance of having my work interrupted with freezes, I decided that I disregarded my axiom of always "buy one down from the top of the line" because the top of the line always has something I don't need, but falls into the "might as well" category. So, knowing that the fix was imminent, I ordered the 2.6 with 16GB RAM (the upgrade I have waited two years for). I don't do enough computational stuff to notice the processor speed and keeping the drive to 512 will encourage me to actually delete useless stuff. 16GB is the ADD sufferers dream. I can be a mad multi-tasker and my job requires running multiple apps at the same time. So, the issue saved me $700.00. I return one and pick up the other tomorrow!

The other good thing will benefit others because if some of the people made good on their threat to return their computer, there will be refurbs available soon!

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

congrats on your machine:)

i try to do the same with the specs but i keep doing "one more upgrade" till I've gone from a MBA to a top spec 15" mbp

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Ahahahaha this puts it so damn well! When I went from 4GB's to 6GB's (and later 8GB's!) in my original 13" cMBP my ADD got "worse" even now I usually average like 10 tabs and the only thing that gets them closed is my video work because then I complain about the speed....so maybe only 8GB's of RAM WAS good for me as even in intense apps like resolve I don't really NEED it more than I want it lol. I'm gonna steal that quote BTW lol