Two iPhones on way - possible to give first to my wife? SIM question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eoren1, Jun 22, 2010.

1. eoren1 macrumors 6502

I ordered two iPhone 4's off the ATT Premier site at about 8:30am on the 15th. Mine has shipped and is scheduled to be delivered by 3pm on the 23rd. Hers is 'processing' on the Premier site and I cannot look it up on the ATT main ordering page to check its status. Calls to premier just report that it is processing correctly.
    I have a iPhone 3G; she has an old flip phone.
    I was planning on letting her have the first iphone but it will come with my SIM. Can I cut her current sim to fit and pop it into the new iPhone4? Does it matter if it is a 3-4 year old sim card as long as it is an ATT one? When hers arrives, can I just put the correct microsim back in??
    Thanks,
    E

2. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

A simple answer, NO

[​IMG]

As you can see they are completely different, I wouldn't take the chance to screw up the new Iphone 4

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yes you can cut it. There are tutorials on it online.

4. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

I'm pretty sure he wanted me to say no with graphics, That way he can say and show his wife "See honey, I tried, But you will have to wait until yours comes in. I'm Sorry".

No with your post you basically ruined it for the poor guy, Now HE will have to wait. GOOD JOB!:eek:

5. Gagoots macrumors regular

When I quickly scanned the title of this thread, I though someone was wondering if it was possible to give their wife away for an iPhone4.
    :):)

6. sjn419 macrumors regular

7. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

There are plenty that'd take that offer on many days. :D

8. stohr macrumors member

I may be wrong, but I am most certain that when you get the phone, and plug it in to the computer to activate, you can choose her line and activate the micro sim that ships with the phone on her line. When the iPhone 4's are shipped, the sim card is not yet activated, so you should be able to activate it on any line you would like.

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Noooooooo :(

10. eoren1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the effort and the explanation:D

She still doesn't believe that I ordered hers first and will be really doubtful if only one iphone arrives and has my name on it. Only way out is to be chivalrous and offer her the first one...

Thanks again,
    E

11. Telecacher macrumors member

A 3-4 year old SIM card is likely the older pre-3G SIM.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, you'll need to call AT&T first.

This is very simple, everyone is making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you don't feel like cutting, just call AT&T and have them move the SIM to your wifes line BEFORE attempting to activate the phone.

See the Upgrade guide as this process is exlained there.