Two Koreas connect DMZ road across border: Seoul

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-koreas-connect-dmz-road-across-border-seoul-081545371.html
Seoul (AFP) - North and South Korea have connected a road across their shared border for the first time in 14 years, Seoul's defence ministry said Thursday in the latest reconciliation gesture between the neighbours.

The dirt road, which is wholly within the Demilitarized Zone that divides the peninsula, will be used for joint operations next year to recover remains from the 1950-53 Korean War.

The 12-metre-wide construction of the route in Cheorwon, near the mid-point of the DMZ, is one of several steps agreed at the Pyongyang summit between the South's President Moon Jae-in and the North's leader Kim Jong Un in September.

The neighbours also pledged to remove bunkers and weapons from the border truce village of Panmunjom.
I do hope their silly war ends.

Reactions: Rhonindk

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Although this is a positive step, Trump doesn't have a damned thing to do with this. Kim and Moon deserve the credit for this, while Trump hasn't done a damned thing except get played by Kim with still having nuclear weapons and nuclear facilities in DPRK.

BL.
Smh... ok, I guess out of all the past presidents, nothing good has happened. But because this is all happening under Trump, nah, eff that guy...

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Did Trump build the road? Did Trump actually get them to talk?

My point here is that It took Kim and Moon to make the effort. Not at Trump's behest, No matter what influence a POTUS tries to give, it is ultimately up to the parties involved to willingly make the decision.

I can tell you or influence you to go take out the garbage, but it up to you to get off the chair and actually pick up the garbage and take it out to the bin or the dumpster.

Trump influenced; Moon and Kim made the effort, not Trump.

Smh... ok, I guess out of all the past presidents, nothing good has happened. But because this is all happening under Trump, nah, eff that guy...
It wasn't Clinton or Bush that got the two Koreas to march into the Olympics under a united single Korea Flag; it took Kim and Kim to do that. See the above for why.

But you're right on one thing: Trump? nah, eff that guy. On that, we agree. ;)

BL.

Reactions: motulist

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Did Trump build the road? Did Trump actually get them to talk?

My point here is that It took Kim and Moon to make the effort. Not at Trump's behest, No matter what influence a POTUS tries to give, it is ultimately up to the parties involved to willingly make the decision.

I can tell you or influence you to go take out the garbage, but it up to you to get off the chair and actually pick up the garbage and take it out to the bin or the dumpster.

Trump influenced; Moon and Kim made the effort, not Trump.

It wasn't Clinton or Bush that got the two Koreas to march into the Olympics under a united single Korea Flag; it took Kim and Kim to do that. See the above for why.

But you're right on one thing: Trump? nah, eff that guy. On that, we agree. ;)

BL.
There is no justification on your part that will make myself and others know that Trump played a part in this.

Thank you Trump.

3D56D1A9-01D6-42E9-A3BE-1306837D21DA.jpeg

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
There is no justification on your part that will make myself and others know that Trump played a part in this.

Thank you Trump.

View attachment 806361
I don't need to make you think that. You aren't the target. Besides: I think we see who would win that Nobel Peace Prize in that picture alone, while your guy got played for a fool in failing to keep DPRK nuclear-free like he stated he would do.

BL.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
That “prize” is meaningless so nothing for trump
Tell that to the Reds and their supporters who immediately screamed "Nobel" the moment he announced anything with Korea.

It was so worth it to them, but now it's meaningless? Got it. :rolleyes:

BL.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Tell that to the Reds and their supporters who immediately screamed "Nobel" the moment he announced anything with Korea.

BL.
It was worthless when Obama got it, it will be worthless if Trump gets it

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom

BL.
Pretty sure many of those comments, at least on here, were to draw attention to the fact that Obama got it for doing literally nothing (then burned it to the ground two wars later). At this point why not just hand it out like candy?

Of course the prize itself is a joke.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Pretty sure many of those comments, at least on here, were to draw attention to the fact that Obama got it for doing literally nothing (then burned it to the ground two wars later). At this point why not just hand it out like candy?

Of course the prize itself is a joke.
Yet someone like Malala took a bullet to the head for something you deem worthless.

Got it.

BL.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
If trump got it would you considerate to be just as valuable as Obama? Or maLalas?
Irrelevant, but yes it would. But then again, I'm not on the side calling it meaningless when one person gets it, but then calling it completely valuable when their side gets it.

Integrity; one side had it, while the other doesn't.

BL.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles

BL.
I don’t think you’re getting his point across. No matter who wins the prize, it’s going to looked at as worthless towards the Dems just as Obama’s did towards the Republicans. But at least the “peace” will matter for something if Trump was to ever receive it.
[doublepost=1543159826][/doublepost]
I agree that Trump probably paid a part in this. Sitting down with Kim probably increased trust from the North Koreans.
Any credit, even if it’s small is better than nothing at all.