Two months ago I .. Accidentally upgraded my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.3 - What now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flwr314, Jun 24, 2010.

1. flwr314 macrumors newbie

So.. I've been reading the iPhone Dev Teams blog, I've been googling the last week for a solution. However it seems that my limited computer skills just can't get me through this problem.

A few months ago I accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3, making my iPhone 3GS useless. Now I hear rumors I can get it jailbreaked and unlocked with 4.0.. But how? I've been downloading redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, every sn0w and pwn app that exists.. Nothing works. The only thing that has worked is to add "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to my hosts file, which actually allowed me to restore 3.1.3 without error messages. However, its not activated. So what do I do?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. If it helps, I have big tits. Thanks

By the way, OLD bootrom, but NEW baseband.. (If there is a difference).

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

you can jailbreak with spirit and unlock with ultrasnow through cydia
    There is no iOS4 JB unless you can downgrade to 3.1.2 to pwn it, then load a custom 4.0 FW

3. flwr314 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks for your help.

Spirit tells me that I shouldn't install iTunes 9.2.. Which is kind of too late.. Can I uninstall 9.2 and reinstall a previous version?

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

5. mso4 macrumors regular

I was able to jailbreak my 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom yesterday. You do need itunes 9.1.1 though. What I did was install 9.1.1 on a windows computer (used my mac under wmware) and jailbreak w/ spirit. Then unlock w/ ultrasn0w.

Extremely ez and everything works!

6. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

How did you actually restore 3.1.3? I'm in the same boat but have the new bootrom. Any help would me MUCH appreciated.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

you must activate before using SPIRIT. Borrow a SIM from someone with official carrier. Procedure should be downgrade Itunes, Then activate, then Spirit then Ultrasn0w