Two scary words for the 2008 election:

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
Btw, the most likely GOP candidate for 2008 would be John McCain.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Thomas Veil said:
Yeah, but he wants to see our constitution amended to allow him to run....

Just what we need. Another actor in the White House.

The thing that Arnie's too dumb to realize is that changing the constitution to allow foreigners to run allows for a damn al quaeda terrorist to run for president

mypantsaretight

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2004
jadam said:
Btw, the most likely GOP candidate for 2008 would be John McCain.
Not a chance. The Religious Right (anti-gay, anti-abortion) wing of the Republican party won this election and the election in 2000. They will never support a Republican candidate who is not openly and unabashedly socially conservative.

John Cain, Rudy G, Ahnold, etc. have exactly no chance of getting the nomination. Look instead to Jeb Bush, Bill Frist, Tom DeLay or the Governor of Colorado.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Mark my words. Look for Rudolph Giuliani in 2008.

PS- Tom DeLay as president. At that point it wouldn't even be a question anymore. I would, not if but would get as far away from the US as humanly possible. That man is evil incarnate. He makes Bush look like a boy scout.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
In 08 I will vote Democrat regardless, however, if Guliani or McCain gets elected president, I can at least live with that and wouldn't be upset. If another radical religous republican wins in 08, then if there's a place worse than hell, then the country's going there.

mypantsaretight

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2004
wowser said:
John Edwards, Hilary Clinton, Howard Dean or even Danny Glover would be all good in my book.
Guess who I'm voting for in 2008? No Republicans or Democrats for me!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!

mypantsaretight

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2004
wowser said:
Which candudate would that be, then?
If I vote (which is a big if---voting being a giant waste o' time and all), I will proudly vote for whomever most I believe represents the ideals of the people.

Had I voted in this election I think I would have written in in favor of Alyssa Milano. She represents my ideals and would have been an excellent choice.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
wowser said:
John Edwards, Hilary Clinton, Howard Dean or even Danny Glover would be all good in my book.
The next Democratic candidate will be a Southern moderate. They don't have any choice. They've got to move closer to the so-called "center".

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
yg17 said:
The thing that Arnie's too dumb to realize is that changing the constitution to allow foreigners to run allows for a damn al quaeda terrorist to run for president
You're kidding, right?

Um, you know that someone can be an Al-Qaeda terrorist regardless of where they're from?

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Rudolph Giuliani vs Hilary Clinton '08

The Democratic party has been destroyed by this election. I do not think that using a southern candidate will help....the Republican Party has the southern states almost locked down right now. But a female candidate with the respect of Hilary Clinton may be able to bring the Democratic party an overwhelming majority of women voters in all states, including the south. And I believe that women are a majority of all voters.?. The Democratic Party needs to shake things up and give their nomination to a woman. This country should have already had a choice for either a woman or a minority as a candidate in one of their parties. 2008 is the time to give America that choice.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
dotnina said:
You're kidding, right?

Um, you know that someone can be an Al-Qaeda terrorist regardless of where they're from?
true, but I think its fair to say that more than 90% of anti-America terrorists are not American themselves