Two small black dots near the bottom left of my macbook pro screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Epic EB, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Epic EB macrumors newbie

I just bought my macbook pro 13 inch about a 40 days ago and I have just noticed two small black dots on the on the bottom of the screen near the left side of my dock. I have done some research and they seem to be "dead pixels" They're really small but for the price I payed i didnt expect any problems. What are some suggestions to get rid of them or if i should contact tech support?

Here are two pictures of the dots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They kinda change colour when i move my head around.. Not sure if theyre dead pixels or not.

2. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

3. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It looks like some dust or something under the screen

4. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure what it is I've tried turning off my macbook and lightly pressing the screen and it does change colours when i look around it

5. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

If they are changing colours when you look at them from different angles (and not pressing the screen when you do) then they sound like they could be dead pixels.

At 40 days with only two in the lower part of your screen, I am not sure what you can do.

6. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

yes they definitely change colours. I heard they get worse and I would rather have it fixed or replaced now rather than when its horrible. And these little problems bother me the most too.

7. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

The worse it gets the more likely Apple is to do something about it, I don't believe their dead/stuck pixel policy is too specific, I think it says that if you believe a high number of pixels aren't working properly they will take a look at it.

Here it is:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1721

8. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

So i should just leave it until it gets worse then. But if i leave it and it stays how it is it will still bother the heck out of me :(

9. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

With any luck, someone who has experienced something similar will post with how their experience went.

The only dead/stuck pixel I have encountered was with a Nintendo DS, it was in the middle of the screen and I was able to return it to Best Buy after they checked Nintendo's pixel policy.

10. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can try running a video like this fullscreen. It works in some cases.

(I wouldn't recommend looking at the display while you do so, though. It can be quite nauseating.)

11. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

The video doesn't work and I tried an app like that so I guess its not a stuck pixel. They just stay black.

12. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

At 40 days it is still under warranty so a call to Apple couldn't hurt.

13. Epic EB thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what i was thinking i'll do that tomorrow. What would happen if they do soomething about it?