Two things of interest from Trump's leaked speech:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 22, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...mp-nomination-acceptance-speech-at-rnc-225974

1. Trump still insists the US has the highest tax rate when it's been pointed out several times it is not.

(And, yes, lowering taxes will work to be able to more quickly repay rebuilding everything if the jobs and wealth he says will come back will, since more people will be working and whose taxes go back into paying everything.)

2. The TPP. He's vocal against it. His VP choice is apparently for it.

(The TPP, from what little is known to the public and if what has been said is actually true, then it contains good and not-so-good items. Noting one of the not-so-good items, it's bizarre any Republican would allow it, but some of them don't mind. Then again, looking at their voting record in 2005 when they dominated all 3 branches of government, they had no qualms in continuing to give corporations corporate welfare in return for offshoring jobs. Have they realized these acts have not worked or benefited America since then?)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My favorite piece of ******** from last night.

Press to Manafort: Crime has been falling for 25 years
    Manafort: I don't believe the FBI after what they did with Hillary Clinton.

Douchebags, each and every one of them.

3. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

I'm going to have to read up more on the email issue. If Bush could get away with 22 million emails being magically deleted from his personal server, nobody should be pickling over Clinton's issue. Especially as Rice, Powell, and others who had their own email servers aren't being yelled at by the GOP. Or I fail to see the difference as to why anyone who is a Republican has committed less of a naughty act than anyone who is a Democrat. Especially when lots of soldiers died under Bush's watch but there are surely 22,000,000 reasons why we won't ever know? That's no less hyperbole and conjecture than Republicans going after Clinton. What context am I missing that justifies the GOP and not Clinton? Again, I have to read up more, I freely admit ignorance and there are bigger problems going on in this country anyway...