Ty Cobb - Out

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GermanSuplex, May 2, 2018.

1. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

White House lawyer Ty Cobb is exiting and will be replaced by Clinton impeachment attorney Emmet Flood - The Washington Post https://apple.news/AhsiqMSX7R2i63ItUK_xFLA

Another one bites the dust. Not sure what to think... probably Trump is a loose cannon.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

For a second I thought you had breaking news the ball player was gay.

3. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Sounds like the GOP thinks it's going to lose the House in the November elections.

4. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

A Gay Zombie Baseball player, now THAT is news!

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

And Rudy thinks Mueller will settle for a 2-3 hour interview with Trump. Honestly, I don't believe Trump has that much of an attention span.

6. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

[​IMG]
    "I love my Gay Zombie Baseball Player!"

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

It depends how long he's signed for (and for how much).

.... Baseball? :confused: :D

As for the termination I feel another Oompa loompa stanza coming on....

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Wonder how long this one will last.

9. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

He was right about draining the swamp, only it's his own people that he fires on a regular basis. Dems are just quietly waiting for November to roll around.

10. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Dems should be asking potential voters if they like what the Congress has tried to accomplish for the oligarchs so far. Could take a lot of their talking points right off the summary text of joint resolutions passed by the 115th House to date.

The Trump supporters who remain most vocally loyal are those who were enthralled by Trump's public demeanor and political incorrectness, but who said they were voting to drain the swamp. News flash: they have been co-opted. This administration is the most doublespeaking, swampy thing any of us should ever hope to see. But by remaining loyal the remaining Trump supporters embolden the GOP to try for the rest of its peasant-unfriendly agenda. The people still at Trump's rallies may be populists but Trump, his Cabinet and this Congress are anything but that.

Meanwhile who knows if the new impeachment-seasoned lawyer Emmet Flood will even stick around. Not every lawyer wants a co-chair like Rudy Giuliani crowing about how he can make Mueller wrap up right quick. All that does is embolden Donald Trump to tweet more unwise remarks to the planet. Not every lawyer has run into a client so self-destructive as to taunt his potential prosecutor via Twitter and through direct quotes in interviews. I can imagine that being at first a startling and eventually a pretty exhausting experience.

11. GermanSuplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He wasn't unhappy, he was dissatisfied. Two totally different things. More Fake News.

12. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Can I help it if Heathers used the wrong sport?

13. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Ok completely off topic, but both the priest in this shot (Glenn Shadix) and Winona Ryder were also in Beetlejuice... both movies shot in 1988 and both had dead football players I wonder if that was a nod to "Heathers" :D

14. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

hah... keep it on ice until you see if it covers Flood's exit as well... or Rudy's!

15. GermanSuplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is playing out like "My Cousin Giuliani"

He definitely should've went with Vinny.

16. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

17. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Are you saying Ty Cobb drinks mineral water?

18. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Didn’t Ty Cobb just join the Trump train, cos I think Sanders said he’d been thinking of retiring for weeks?

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Cobb urged cooperation, a sum loss game for THE guilty. Now it’s put up a fight to hide the transgressions and illegalities.

20. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Still trying to figure if Rudy meant to say what he said when he disclosed that Trump had repaid Cohen. He seems to have surprised a few people in the White House. Now it's being called a strategy. Must remember that. When messing up, just call it a strategy later on. All these new rules for winning... anyway we'll see soon enough if Flood and Rudy get along as co-counsel...

21. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Rudy isn’t stupid. He’s slamming the door. The left wing media was having an organism over it not realizing Molar boy’s case just blew up in his face.
    --- Post Merged, May 3, 2018 ---
    Cobb was playing checkers, Rudy is playing chess.

22. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

The 1D version I'd assume.....

Only 2 moves:

- F### up
    - Claim it is part of the plan

23. mudslag, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It's scary the level of deniability you have going on. Rudy literally showed Trump to be a liar yet again and the lack of integrity to even admit that is mind boggling. Either you are more then aware of that fact and are simply trying your hardest to maintain a defensive position or you are completely oblivious, which is even scarier if true.

[​IMG]

24. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I don’t know who “Molar boy” is, but it’s beyond absurd to think that Giuliani did anything that undermines the case against Trump.