U have been signed out of microsoft messenger because you sign in at another locatio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PinkSakura, Feb 8, 2011.

1. PinkSakura macrumors member

PinkSakura

I have been getting this message whenever I try to sign in to microsoft messenger " You have been signed out of Microsoft Messenger because you are signed in on another location ". And i have two msn messenger, one is Personal contact and the other is Corporate contacts..How did this happen ?
    I have not chatted on others computers so I wonder why is this happening. It's a pain because I don't get the Notifications everytime I have new emails. My main account is hotmail .Can anyone help me out ?

2. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

for the last two weeks or so, i'm having the same problem. Messenger telling me that i'm logged in on two locations. I've changed my password but the issue still remains. I think it is a bug in the messenger and not an user error.

3. PinkSakura thread starter macrumors member

PinkSakura

yes i just changed my password again now,but still it wouldn't work :(
    It's just a pain in the arse bec. I am unable to receive the notifications whenever I get new messages.
    Are you using other messenger that would help me receive my hotmail account notifications ??
    thanks bro for the response.

4. aldo818 macrumors regular

I m unable to sign into my MSN. It tries to log in for 10 min then it stops.
    It happend to me after i installed office 2011 since then unable to sign into msn .
    I ve tried login with different accounts without any success

5. PinkSakura thread starter macrumors member

PinkSakura

anyone knows other applications that would send me Notifications whenever I receive a new message from my hotmail address ?

6. wootang00 macrumors member

7. blives macrumors newbie

I have also received this annoying situation on my MAC and in researching it, I have the fix, albeit not permanent, for you'll have to perform these steps each time this message occurs:
    On Safari menu, click Safari\Preferences\Show Cookies
    Type "live" in upper right hand search box
    In the NAME column of the results, look for cookie with "PPLState"
    Select to highlight this cookie
    Select REMOVE (cookie is deleted), select DONE, close Preferences window
    Retry logging in to Microsoft Messenger

These steps removes this one cookie that that causes this message. It's still unknown why it's not cleaned up cleanly, appropriately, etc. but that will be for MS to figure out this annoying behavior!

:) blives