U.K. accuses Israel of forged Passports

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by barkomatic, Mar 23, 2010.

1. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Wow. I can't think of anything in recent memory that compares to this. The U.K. is openly accusing Israel of forging copies of British passports to cover the identities of the agents who allegedly killed a guy in Dubai.

Israel will only say that it hasn't been presented with any evidence that they forged the documents. Still, one ally accusing the other of something like this is pretty incredible.

It seems that Israel has been getting a bit reckless lately. This can't be good for the peace process. I'm not saying the guy that was killed didn't deserve it--by all accounts he was an awful terrorist. However, brazenly circumventing the rule of law and just killing someone without a trial (outside of a full out war) erodes the credibility of a government. I'm aware that other countries do this/have done this by the way including the U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/23/uae.hamas.killing/index.html?hpt=T2

2. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Last time I criticized Israel on here I was accused of being a white supremacist.

and then banned.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

4. barkomatic thread starter macrumors 68040

Actually, this thread appears to be about the assasination itself, not about the accusation of forgery. A little different, don't you think?

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Ok.

The British Foreign Secretary has issued a warning to UK passport holders traveling to Israel…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8582518.stm

The "diplomat" expelled from Britain was Mossad’s chief representative in London.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7072314.ece

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm certainly glad to know that we know who that is.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Damn, that is serious, the foreign office is usually pretty cautious about telling people not to travel.

When there was the trouble in Bangkok with the airport and stuff they didn't tell people not to go to Thailand.

8. toontra macrumors 6502

I've never seen any evidence that Israel is the slightest bit interested in the "peace process". As far as they are concerned things are fine as they are - all the land they want (and expanding), support and funding from powerful allies, and only the occasional lo-fi rocket lobbed over the wall and weasel-worded condemnation from the international community. Why would they want to be part of a process that, in all likelihood, would mean giving up land and influence?

Within reason, they can piss off anyone they want with impunity, with the added bonus that their outrageous behaviour will postpone the unwanted (and largely farcical) peace negotiations even longer. It's one of those win/win situations.

9. barkomatic thread starter macrumors 68040

The unity that Israel has more or less had with the U.S., the U.K. and others appears to be weakening significantly for the first time in many years. This accusation is a dramatic example. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel's adversaries made some type of bold political move to take advantage.

10. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

One can hope.

11. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Until Obama is voted out of office and a right staunch Republican takes his seat. Then we'll be at war to protect Israel - for the second time in twenty years.
    It should be fun to watch on CNN.

12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

This would be an excellent time for the more moderate factions in Israeli politics to come forward. Alas, they seem to close ranks in these situations.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No laughing matter.

14. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

No, it isn't. Its sad and disgusting. The US went to war with Iraq - because Israel was threatened by them. WMDs were a half assed excuse. Iraq didn't threaten the US in any way, shape or form. This country had more reasons to go to war with Mexico than Iraq. Mexican citizens cross into the US every day and kill Americans - then they flee back across the border. If that isn't an act of war, I don't know what is.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Firstly, the US did not invade Iraq because of any threat to Israel. Secondly, wtf are you talking about with these alleged Mexican killers crossing the border? :confused:

16. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Mexican gangs... Hello? Ask anyone who lives on the border. Google kidnappings.

Or just forget it, remember I'm a "catholic white supremacist with a useless MBA."

17. Queso macrumors G4

You could always take it to the Genius Bar and get them to take a look :)

18. acurafan macrumors 6502a

agreed, until someone in our country has the balls to revoke their annual $2.2B 'welfare check' they won't do a damn thing. it's sad, but only peace will come when all those in the middle east are lying in their graves.

19. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

MBA, ITN. too many overlapping abbreviations.

When the US government isn't influenced by the Israeli lobby is when that check will stop being written.
    Don't hold your breath.

and by the way, I have a 2001 CL type S.

20. acurafan macrumors 6502a

when US gov't isn't influenced by ANY lobby, maybe then gov't will finally get this friggin country back on course.

nice, i used to have one. ;)

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

22. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

How many miles did your tranny blow up at?

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If they take political action, they could easily achieve worldwide support. If they act like a bunch of terrorists on camels, they will be treated as such.

I agree. I hope they step up to the plate and act like major leaguers, instead of the immature fools that they have for the past 50+ years.

If you want worldwide support, you have to act like you deserve it. If you act like terrorists, then you will be treated like terrorists. Isreal has taken the moral high ground, and this is the FIRST time they have ceded that high gorund. Either take it, or suffer the consequences.

WHOA, SLOW THE F DOWN.... IT WAS BUSH WHO WAS WAGING A CHRISTIAN WAR AGAINST THE MUSLIMS!!!! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. IT'S THE REPUBLICANS WHO LOVE TO USE HIS MIDDLE NAME TO INSINUATE HE IS A MUSLIM. ELECT A REPUBLICAN -> YOU GET RELIGIOUS WAR BECAUSE GOD TOLD YOU TO DO IT.

No it is not. If they want worldwide acceptance, they need to play by worldwide rules. Until they do, they are going to be sent to the children's table.

24. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's hardly the FIRST time.

It's not even the first time they've been caught using forged British passports. :rolleyes:

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

terrorists on camels? Is that better or worse than terrorists in tanks? Could I remind you that Israel is currently the military occupier of Palestinian land?

Who are you talking about here? The Palestinians who are resisting Israeli oppression and whose elected government is being embargoed by the very countries which encouraged the election?

Please tell me you are joking: how can you describe Israel as taking the high ground when for sixty years they have stolen Palestinian land, denied them their rights, imprisoned, abused, massacred and blockaded them?