Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
2 to 9 November.
The estimated deliver date is past and since there is no further update on the Expected time of arrival, i think you may reach out to apple.com along with your order number. They will be able to assist you better .

Btw
i) when did the status changed to "preparing to ship" and "Shipped?"
ii) Do you still have option to cancel the order now? Since your relatives are starting on 21st hopefully you should get it before that date, Because usually the UPS drop the box at the doorstep and you may find it difficult to return if they delivery it to you after 21st.

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
The estimated deliver date is past and since there is no further update on the Expected time of arrival, i think you may reach out to apple.com along with your order number. They will be able to assist you better .

Btw
i) when did the status changed to "preparing to ship" and "Shipped?"
ii) Do you still have option to cancel the order now? Since your relatives are starting on 21st hopefully you should get it before that date, Because usually the UPS drop the box at the doorstep and you may find it difficult to return if they delivery it to you after 21st.
i) Preparing to Ship was on 31-Oct. Shipped on 1-Nov
ii) Not sure. I’ve asked her to speak to Apple. Would prefer to cancel it if it doesn’t turn up by Monday. But do you feel it might turn up after 21st? 18 days after no updates. Don’t know if this happens with UPS since neither of us have prior experience with them.

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
Just after I posted my earlier reply, ‘On the way’ has now changed to ‘Delay’.

The website states 'No Information Available', though the app states Delivery date will be provided.

Attachments

• 1B59DE23-A89E-491C-8086-EF045DAA0260.jpeg
    1B59DE23-A89E-491C-8086-EF045DAA0260.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just after I posted my earlier reply, ‘On the way’ has now changed to ‘Delay’
Have you called the UPS facility where it's sitting at and if they have it? Normally if it's at your destination facility, it should be on the truck for delivery. It shouldn't be stuck on that stage for more than 3 days. So it should have had the attempt on Thursday, 3rd, if not Friday 4th, and last attempt on 7th. At this point you'll need to open up the investigation.

Due to the lock down in China currently, the shipment has moved to 4-5 weeks, so I don't know how fast apple can get one to your sister if she opens up the investigation and if it's deem lost, she'll need to talk to Apple to find a way to get it sooner. Otherwise, other option is if she is near any apple store in the area she is in, she could try and see if she can snag one out from the apple store. It won't be easy, and if they do come in stock, they do go pretty fast.

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
Have you called the UPS facility where it's sitting at and if they have it? Normally if it's at your destination facility, it should be on the truck for delivery. It shouldn't be stuck on that stage for more than 3 days. So it should have had the attempt on Thursday, 3rd, if not Friday 4th, and last attempt on 7th. At this point you'll need to open up the investigation.

Due to the lock down in China currently, the shipment has moved to 4-5 weeks, so I don't know how fast apple can get one to your sister if she opens up the investigation and if it's deem lost, she'll need to talk to Apple to find a way to get it sooner. Otherwise, other option is if she is near any apple store in the area she is in, she could try and see if she can snag one out from the apple store. It won't be easy, and if they do come in stock, they do go pretty fast.
She did speak to UPS on Monday. They said it will be delivered without providing a date. I will ask her to speak to Apple today and see what can be done. Re-ordering it is not an option since it is impossible to get delivered within the next 10 days. I haven't seen any stock in the stores closest to her this week. I've been tracking it daily. So either the current package gets delivered or no iPhone for me. I just hope her refund from Apple is sorted before she flies, in case the package is truly lost.

Will ask her to buy me a Pixel 7 Pro from Amazon since it is available with 2 day delivery. Will switch back to the iPhone when she plans her next trip 2-3 years later. iPhones are too expensive to buy in India and the Pixel 7 series are available only in the 128gb variant.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
i) Preparing to Ship was on 31-Oct. Shipped on 1-Nov
ii) Not sure. I’ve asked her to speak to Apple. Would prefer to cancel it if it doesn’t turn up by Monday. But do you feel it might turn up after 21st? 18 days after no updates. Don’t know if this happens with UPS since neither of us have prior experience with them.
I am not sure , it all depends on your current package, if its misplaced or routed to different location(within US) by mistake they can back track and get the package in a week but if its sure that they lost or or unable to trace it then they might request for a replacement which may or may not arrive by 21st. But if you are not getting any update before 15 or 16th then you might need to ask apple to cancel the order as you are travelling out of country on 21st.

I also placed an order for Unlocked 14 pro max on apple.com on 4th November with expected delivery date between Nov 29-Dec 6th , and i am travelling abroad on 7th Dec so i am closely following this thread. Fingers crossed

NewToApple*

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
Do the delivery timelines vary from state to state? Will it take longer for a 14ProMax to be delivered to Portland, Oregon compared to some of the more "popular" states?

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
I am not sure , it all depends on your current package, if its misplaced or routed to different location(within US) by mistake they can back track and get the package in a week but if its sure that they lost or or unable to trace it then they might request for a replacement which may or may not arrive by 21st. But if you are not getting any update before 15 or 16th then you might need to ask apple to cancel the order as you are travelling out of country on 21st.

I also placed an order for Unlocked 14 pro max on apple.com on 4th November with expected delivery date between Nov 29-Dec 6th , and i am travelling abroad on 7th Dec so i am closely following this thread. Fingers crossed
My sister spoke to Apple, they said they can send a replacement but delivery would be in December.

So she’s cancelled the order and the refund is being processed. Can’t do much about the situation.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
that's crazy that they can't get a replacement out to you sooner, Apple sent me a replacement 14 pro that I didn't even technically ask for in 6 days.
Yea i think right now the situation with the lockdown in China is what causing delays, hence you see Mid December range. Guess right now is the time to place an order if you are hoping to receive it before Chrismas.

I'd check daily because stores are still receiving them. Just like today I see some stores receiving stock for in store pick up.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
My sister spoke to Apple, they said they can send a replacement but delivery would be in December.

So she’s cancelled the order and the refund is being processed. Can’t do much about the situation.
sorry to hear about it, btw did they identify the root cause for this mess? did they lost or misplaced it? or gave the wrong estimation dates?

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
sorry to hear about it, btw did they identify the root cause for this mess? did they lost or misplaced it? or gave the wrong estimation dates?
I think they will investigate it. But most likely it was lost or misplaced.

The estimated dates provided by Apple were in line with UPS tracking updates and if it hadn’t been lost, it would have been delivered on 3-Nov as per the last scan.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I think they will investigate it. But most likely it was lost or misplaced.

The estimated dates provided by Apple were in line with UPS tracking updates and if it hadn’t been lost, it would have been delivered on 3-Nov as per the last scan.
This sucks. I’m sorry you and your sister is going through this. I hate UPS and FedEx. But I’m at the mercy of either of them when I order anything. Lol.

James

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
Finally some good news. I thought I’d check for inventory at the nearest Apple Store to her one last time before asking her to buy me the Pixel.

And voila, iPhone 14 Pro 256gb Silver was available for pick up. Quickly asked to book it and she’s picked it up today.

Though Space Black was my first choice, it’s better to have the phone in a different color than not have it at all. At least I got the storage I wanted. All’s well that ends well.

Attachments

• 8362D6CC-B562-4866-8838-1FB1E37BAC2F.jpeg
    8362D6CC-B562-4866-8838-1FB1E37BAC2F.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 110

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Well an update to this. I reached out to Apple on 10/19 and they told me to wait another 24 hours. So i checked in again with them on Thursday 10/20 and they told me again to wait another 48 hours because my order was technically scheduled to arrive that day. I just now reached out to them today 10/24 and they tried to make me wait again and blamed the weather for the delay.
I ended up requesting to refund my order. At this point i think I'll wait to see if I can get an order in person at an Apple store if I even still want it.

So weird, I never had an issue with UPS having a package lost/stolen but to have two of them lost? Seems like theres some funny business going on at the sorting center near me.

This sucks, I've been waiting so long for this preorder too. :(

Man this has been by far my worst iPhone preorder experience ever, and I've been an iPhone user since the original.

To follow up on this, I was refunded the initial purchase on 10/27, but then on 10/28 i was charged $530 because my trade-in was cancelled. I was out traveling and out of the country (I was supposed to receive my 14PM way before this and was hoping to use it) so I reached out to Apple on Friday 11/11 to have them reverse the trade-in value charge. They said they would escalate it to someone higher up and would email me confirmation and someone would reach out to me in 24 hours. This never happened.

So this morning I received an email from Apple regarding the escalation and to call them. So i called in, and in the notes they told me I need to work with my credit card to find out the status of the refund which they claim they issued. But I used my Apple Card for the purchase, so they transferred me over to Apple Card/Goldman Sachs. They saw that I was refunded the order to which i explained i was charged for the trade in i was supposed to do, but because the whole order was cancelled i shouldn't have been charged for the trade in value. They ended up asking if i wanted to dispute the charge which I decided to go froward with. While on the phone they issued me the provisional credit and said it could take 2 billing cycles or no more than 90 days to be resolved. But explained it is provisional pending the outcome of the dispute. :(:confused::oops:

Hopefully this is the end of this fiasco.

• Sad
Reactions: Brad7

Chips Stephens

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2020
Ordered a pro max today, from Apple.
and this is the current delivery timeline.
in the past has been fairly accurate, we shall see about this, with all the issues in china happening now.
anyway another data point.

Delivers: Dec 15 - Dec 21 by Express Delivery.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
Finally some good news. I thought I’d check for inventory at the nearest Apple Store to her one last time before asking her to buy me the Pixel.

And voila, iPhone 14 Pro 256gb Silver was available for pick up. Quickly asked to book it and she’s picked it up today.

Though Space Black was my first choice, it’s better to have the phone in a different color than not have it at all. At least I got the storage I wanted. All’s well that ends well.
great, you got this just in time i guess. Enjoy ur new phone

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
Ordered pro max unlocked version on 4th Nov at apple.com.
Estimated delivery : Nov 29-Dec 6th
I have a hard cut off date as 6th Dec as i am travelling out of country on 7th Dec. As per normal apple timelines i should definitely get my device ahead of that date but i am little concerned seeing few posts that UPS tracking lost or misplaced or delay in shipments due to lock down in china.
Any idea if the delay is already considered while giving the estimates or do we need to add a week or two?
Another question, Will i move ahead in queue if people who are in queue cancel their orders or do those go into inventory at stores? Please advise

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I have a hard cut off date as 6th Dec as i am travelling out of country on 7th Dec. As per normal apple timelines i should definitely get my device ahead of that date but i am little concerned seeing few posts that UPS tracking lost or misplaced or delay in shipments due to lock down in china.
Any idea if the delay is already considered while giving the estimates or do we need to add a week or two?
Another question, Will i move ahead in queue if people who are in queue cancel their orders or do those go into inventory at stores? Please advise
With the things that are going on right now, it's hard to say to be honest. Do you live near any apple store that you can check stock? Even if it's a bit far? Apple store does still receive shipments and updates their availability.

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
From my constant tracking of inventory for the past 10 days, I’ve seen that inventory is generally updated around 9pm, at least for stores on the East coast.

This can be new stock. It could also be people who have booked their iPhones for pick up and do not turn up in the 7 day hold window, going back into available stock.

Best bet is to check the inventory around that time everyday.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
From my constant tracking of inventory for the past 10 days, I’ve seen that inventory is generally updated around 9pm, at least for stores on the East coast.

This can be new stock. It could also be people who have booked their iPhones for pick up and do not turn up in the 7 day hold window, going back into available stock.

Best bet is to check the inventory around that time everyday.
Very interesting. Has anyone else noted a particular time inventory is refreshed? I may start tracking locally (I'm closer to the west coast, wondering how consistent this might be.)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Very interesting. Has anyone else noted a particular time inventory is refreshed? I may start tracking locally (I'm closer to the west coast, wondering how consistent this might be.)
Well it can be at any time of the day. I do notice between 10 am to 3 pm is likely when they update the stock. Thats the usual time they receive shipments as well.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Well an update to this. I reached out to Apple on 10/19 and they told me to wait another 24 hours. So i checked in again with them on Thursday 10/20 and they told me again to wait another 48 hours because my order was technically scheduled to arrive that day. I just now reached out to them today 10/24 and they tried to make me wait again and blamed the weather for the delay.
I ended up requesting to refund my order. At this point i think I'll wait to see if I can get an order in person at an Apple store if I even still want it.

So weird, I never had an issue with UPS having a package lost/stolen but to have two of them lost? Seems like theres some funny business going on at the sorting center near me.

This sucks, I've been waiting so long for this preorder too. :(
If i didn't know the date, I'd think we were back in week 2. A week ago even PM showed every time i searched, and sometimes the exact one, but now I don't even see regular Pros

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.