U.S. on AT&T question for ordering online through Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by user-name-here, Sep 19, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I have a family account through AT&T.

I want to order through Apple.com as soon as midnight arrives.

I heard though that Apple will only deliver the iPhone to the account holders mailing address. Is this true?

If the account holders mailing address is different than my address (and my credit card billing address), how does this work? Will the order go through? :confused:

Do I need to change my credit cards billing address to match the account holders? Or can I still order it with a different billing address?

2. lateralus1082 macrumors member

1. Go to AT&T account page and change your billing address to wherever you want your phone to go.

2. Order your phone as normal and enter in your correct CC info.

3. Wait for the phone to arrive at your new AT&T billing address.

I did this for my wife's 5C and it works like a charm.

3. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I worried about this last year as I thought my 5 was going to come to my shipping address, not the billing address for AT&T. You can leave the address on the AT&T account alone. Order your phone like normal. Once your order is processed you can edit the "shipped too" address on Apple's website under your account and have it shipped to you.

If I remember correctly you can do this as soon as you get the confirmation email about your order being processed or preparing to ship.

www.apple.com --> Account --> you will see this section:

Attached Files: