U.S. spies on Iraqi army

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the Los Angeles Times reports that the US now feels the need to spy on the Iraqi army in order to know what the Iraqi army is doing.

Perhaps another indication that the Iraqis are starting to show some independence from the US???

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I was just about to post this in the Iraq thread.

To answer your earlier question, this is why I don't create more threads about it, because no one responds to them anyway.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds like confirmation that resources are being diverted to Iraq that would otherwise be used to keep an eye on other adversaries. I wonder if that includes Pakistan?

Meaning we are less safe because of the war in Iraq. :mad:

4. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

If the Iraqi army is starting to do their own thing then why do we have to spy on them? If they are doing things independently shouldn't we be happy? I thought that was our whole purpose of being there (besides oil ;)). This doesn't make any sense.:apple:

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Because those who got us into this war don't actually want an independent Iraqi state -- they want a puppet then can shove their hand up into and get to be independently making the decisions we want them to be making.

6. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

Actually that makes perfect sense to me. People from the UK- forgive my following example.
    So basically just like the Queen is really only for show the Iraqi government is just a figurehead if you will. The U.S and other countries are really running the country and making decisions behind the scenes. At least that's how I understand it. :apple:

7. Macky-Mac thread starter macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

no, it's different than that.

The Iraqi government does run, or at least attempts to run the country. The US wants and expects them to agree on certain policies and decisions. Being occupied by the US's army, it's extremely difficult for the Iraqis to resist suggestions......but they do from time to time.