UFOs, Aliens, Government Coverup, Military Experiments?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by renewed, Jan 13, 2012.

1. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Just curious on the forums ideas and beliefs in extraterrestrial existence, their influence or association with our governments and what the government knows but aren't telling us. Enjoy:

I understand that these parts of these videos could be whatever but I think it's a good start for a thread. I would also argue that there is a lot yet to be explained.

My opinion? I believe there is something extraterrestrial here and our government has been interacting with it for years.

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

If Aliens existed and visited - we would know. No Government of ours could possibly hide and withstand the technology of a space fearing species.

3. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

But many people claim that they do. Many people claim videos, such as these, prove that we know. Look at the reaction in comments to these videos. This could be absolute proof but people view the belief of aliens to be for crazy people so the government need not interfere. Even Stephen Hawking says he believes their existence to be rational:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/...iens_n_551035.html#s84595&title=Charlie_Rose_

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The Pyramids were built by a superior intelligence ... and they are 10,000 years older than Egyptologists claim :cool:

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Show me one personally and I'll acknowledge it.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The thing I hate most about those alien-pyramid theories is that it makes me actually feel sorry for Egyptologists.

7. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

However even Hawking will say that there needs to be irrefutable proof before people start believing in Aliens.

Those videos were surely underwhelming.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

why would aliens come down here just to build some stupid pyramids? why not enslave us? or take our oceans?

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

What's this?? :eek:

A creationist, starting a thread about aliens??

Blasphemy, Sir, blasphemy I say!!! :mad:

10. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

Understandable and this thread isn't to convince anyone, just to ask people's opinions. Just an interesting thing that one of the world's renowned physicist introduces the possibility of them.

Who knows? We can't assume they have the same motives as humans.

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

of all the things ever built on this planet ... the Pyramids are still the most complex and impressive ... so much so ... even with the knowledge we have today we still could not recreate them.

Maybe the reason advanced beings do not enslave humans is we may just be primative beings that could not really do much for them.

As for the Oceans ... maybe they have no use for them. :cool:

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

People constantly misconstrue the satistical likelihood that extraterrestrial life exists to mean that technologically advanced spacefaring beings are visiting our planet and interacting with our government in secret. They accept grainy, unverifiable video or photo "evidence" as proof of this.

What a bizarre leap of "reasoning".

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This is how it was done. ;)

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Speaking as an archaeologist, I could not disagree more.

Romanticizing history is fun and all, but the fact of the matter is that, for all their mystique, the pyramids are just pyramid-shaped piles of stone with a few chambers in them. Yes, they were laid with remarkable precision given their age and contain some very impressive engineering, but the accolades should go to the ancient Egyptians for these accomplishments - not aliens!

Why do we persist in labelling ancient peoples as complete dullards who needed alien help to make big piles of stones? Nobody tries to claim that the Romans received alien assistance with their engineering achievements, so why would the Egyptians? Lets cut human beings some slack and realize that we were capable of some pretty slick engineering thousands of years ago.

15. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

if you are an archaeologist? ... are you sure you understand the complexity of building the Pyramids? ... they are much more than just pyramid-shaped piles of stone with a few chambers in them.

even with all the studies we have done on them ... if the most advanced builders today laid down the first stone ... by the time they were finished they would not be as exact as the ones at Giza.

I am not labelling ancients as dullards ... look at how impressive the Ancient Roman structures are?

The Pyramids are in a whole different league

17. Lord Blackadder, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

No more convincing than Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know where you are getting this information, but it is simply false. The ancient Egyptians were excellent stonecutters. They had access to levels, rollers, levers, a decent set of hand tools, lots of sustainable manpower, a little useful math and a lifetime to build each pyramid. We may not understand exactly how they did it, but bwe don't understand how humans created domestic corn either. Are you suggesting we plug aliens into every historical knowlege gap? Boy, that would make my job a LOT easier! ;)

We have postulated a number of plausable ways that the pyramids could have been built as precisely as they were given the technology available to the ancient Egyptians. No alien help was necessary.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Why, because they came before the arrival of Christ on the scene.

Moving massive stones is not that difficult, using many logs for rollers, and unlimited man-power to keep them moving.

And raising the stones to greater and greater heights is just a matter of moving massive amounts of sand to create ramps.

The desert wind will take care of the sand ramps, no problem. ;)

19. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

Thanks for your opinion.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Passive-aggressive alert!!!

21. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

Looking for things that aren't there alert! ;)

Seriously though he gave his opinion on the video. That's fine. I'm not saying I believe they are real or not. I do think it's interesting and if they are hoaxed they are elaborate.

22. Apple OC, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I have read a lot about the Pyramids in Egypt and the ones in South America ... they were all done with similar mysterious techniques that have not been proven by modern society.

From what I have read I also believe they are at least 10,000 years older than Egyptologists claim.

I believe Ancient Egyptians found the Pyramids 5-7,000 years ago ... then they built many similar much smaller structures and used them as burial chambers to worship the Gods who built the Great Pyramids ... however those have not held up to time.

And the Sphinx has been proven to have been eroded by water ... not by the wind as Egyptologists have claimed.

http://davidpratt.info/andes1.htm

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/constructiontechniques.htm

23. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

We could - If they are created by "God", then they are also made in his image like us - so they would have the same vindictive and jealous properties like your God. :rolleyes:

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

HEY, no one likes a smart-ass.

;)

25. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

THIS!

So, Renewed... as a Christian you believe in the omnipotency of your god who created us in his own image.

These 'aliens' must therefore share the same god and look identical to us then?

Are they descended from Adam and Eve too? How could the bible not mention them... if it's the word of god? Did he forget to tell us 'oh, by the way guys, I've been experimenting with another civilisation kthxbai!'