UGGHH.. dropped my iPhone 3GS outside on the driveway..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Jun 29, 2009.

1. entraik Suspended

was getting into the car and it slipped out of my pocket and hit the ground... the phone was in a incase slider case... i took it out and so no visual damage except some tiny scratches at the bottom on the chrome.. phone works fine though.

However, now i'm freakin out because the inside of the charging slot has metal piece (on the bottom portion) that i can see visible ... it's not visible in my brother's iphone when u look straight in. Not sure if this is how it was or if the fall caused it. Can anyone take a picture of the inside of their charging slot?

I can charge the phone fine.. but I'm afraid problems will arise later down the road.

2. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I dropped my phone alot of times on the cement :) and once it flew out of my hand and hit the wall then fell down 5 feet on the cement again, and the worst that happened was the plastic getting a few nicks and smudges which i cleaned to the best of my ability, and the apple logo got alot of scratches that its cloudy now, but so far nothings wrong with the phone.

I must be lucky... because the cement wasn't paved at all :0 anyways if mine can survive that without a case I am pretty sure your fine.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Wow that sucks, I feel for you. I have yet to get one scratch on the back/front that is not on the bezel (We already know, that the bezel scratches like anything)

4. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Good thing your iPhone had a case protection. It could have been much worse.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Eeeek! Yup, pretty lucky you didn't shatter anything. That metal piece will probably be there for awhile. As long as it keeps workin' it "don't need to be fixed" at this point....:eek::eek::eek:

6. Diane2boys macrumors regular

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

8. entraik thread starter Suspended

where i drew the red line.. the bottom part on the inside there is the metal floor its just visible on my phone... on my brothers it's not.

[​IMG]

a macro closeup shot would be better if anyone could get one... :)

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

How about you throw up a picture of yours for us to see?

10. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

very nice image right?

[​IMG]

11. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I've just had a look at mine with a magnifying glass. The metal strip you refer to appears to be the edge of the socket. I personally wouldn't worry about it :)