Ugghhh I dropped my brand new 13" Macbook Pro :-(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by melman101, Sep 18, 2009.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Damn, I dropped my 2 week old Macbook Pro 13". It just tipped off the table as I was setting up my wireless printer :-(. Everything is fine. Nothing happened. I think the hinge is still tight. No problems with ports, screen, dings, scratches, or dents. Thank God! However, I do have a slight noise sometimes when I open the lid. Do you think I should worry about this? Do you think I should take it to the Apple Store? Am I being super paranoid? Thanks guys.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Take it in but you dropped it so they won't fix it for free.

3. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't think I will. It really is nothing noticeable. I don't see any scratching or anything. And if I open it from the center, I don't seem to hear it most of the time.

I'm just so pissed at myself.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It does suck bad and if there is anything noticeable then your warranty is void.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you sure that that noise hasnt always been there and are now just noticing it since you dropped it and looking for damage in a sense?

6. MikhailT macrumors 601

What kind of noise is it? Are you sure it's not the fan?

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if you take it to an apple store they will note it down that you dropped it and you will be in trouble warranty wise.

8. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

That's why you should always buy expensive sh*t online, if you find any problems with it within the remorse period then you just call apple and tell them that it didn't live up to your expectations.

They'll pick it up and you'll get a refund.. now go buy a new MBP.

The first aluMB i received had a noticeable deep 2" scratch in the lid and I didn't say anything just had it returned, a week later i bought a flawless mbp with a calm mind.

If you can't tell that the machine has been dropped then just return it, get a refund and buy a new one.. If they insist that it has been dropped then you just insist that it was poorly assembled.. The customer is always right even if their lying

9. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Hehehe. Yeah, no noticeable visible damage. I noticed where it was misaligned on the left side. The bottom lid and the top lid on the left side are sliding together because it seems it's misaligned. I put a bit of pressure and seems like it's not rubbing anymore. And I did buy it online. Plus the machine is flawless. Brightness and great screen. wouldn't trade it in for a hinge misalignment. I think I fixed it, i'll give it a few days, but if not, I'll bring it to a genius bar. I'm sure they will fix it.

10. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

Ive had a similar problem with my unibody macbook. never got dropped though. is it almost a "pop" sound?

11. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Nope. Not a pop. A rub on the left side of the screen. If you close the lid fully, and then open it, you'll notice that the top lid isn't exactly even with the back, so when you do the lifting motion, you see the corner of the lid get a little stuck on the bottom metal and rub across it for 1 second. Like I said I put some pressure on it, and now it seems fine. It's way better than what it was. Not sure if my screen is a little loose now. I think all screens have a little give, but I'm not sure now. I'll compare it to my friends macbook pro on Monday.

12. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

So how did that 2" scratch appear your new-in-box MB? Oh maybe someone pulled the same stunt as you're recommending => lying and making innocent customers and other consumers pay for it. What a great guy you are. Not.

13. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I had a car hit me on my mt bike and crashed hard on the asphalt.
    My MB somehow escaped unharmed-it took me two months.

Those Mac's are tough.

14. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah it turns out it seems everything is fine. Maybe my screen wiggles a little when i type, but I can't remember if it did that before or not. I know my wife's macbook (plastic) definitely does it. But hers is a few years old now.

I've checked it so much, but it seems no damage has happened whatsoever. I'm still beating the **** out of myself for doing that insanely stupid stuff.

Oh well. I will just be super extra careful now :-(. I was so careful. I was setting up a printer and was turning it around and didn't even feel the TV table start tipping over :-(. It's like it happened in slow motion :-(.

Thankfully, like I said, everything is ok I think. I'm so paranoid. LOL :).

Mel

15. nateharr macrumors 6502

It's people like you who force Apple to make customers with real problems jump through hoops to get them fixed.

It's the same "he touched me I'm suing" mentality that is causing a lot of problems in our world.

I CAN'T STAND people like you.

Edit: So sorry! I quoted the wrong person. All fixed now I hope.

16. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

I ALSO can't stand people like you.

It's people like you who force up the price of Applecare and Apple products making customers fork out more than necessary for the goods and cover. And now you are on here advising others to jump on your merry bandwagon. You should be bloody ashamed of yourself.

17. omarjk macrumors regular

NSK123: you did know that you were inviting a tirade of criticism by being so open?

Haha, you maverick.