Ugh, 16 or 64GB!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 9, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

No noticed the Verizon is offering the iPhone 6 16GB for free if you trade in a qualifying iPhone. I was going to get an iPhone 6 64GB but, saving a few hundred bucks is a few hundred bucks.

Can a person live on 16GB in 2014? 16 to 64 is a huge jump that I won't be getting, but again if I go 16GB its money in my pocket.

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

What phone are you trading in? Assuming it's in decent shape, you can probably do better selling it on Craigslist or Ebay anyway.

For example, I have an iPhone 5 32GB that is unlocked. I fully expect to get at least $300 for it, easy.

That pays for my new 64GB iPhone 6.

3. techn9ne macrumors member

"Can a person live on 16GB in 2014." I'm pretty sure this is not one of life's necessities. Sheesh.

As for your question, it seems like you REALLY want 64GB, so I would forego the extra money and be happy about it rather than regretful for the duration of owning a 16GB phone. Especially if you think it's as important as water, shelter, and clothing.

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

16 GB costs what it did before.
    64 GB is cheaper.
    Your not "losing" with the absence of 32.

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

trade-in usually sucks because any scratch or fault makes it "poor" condition; craigslist is usually a better option.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Just get the 64GB. When in doubt, follow your instincts. And your instincts is already telling you 64GB.

7. cynics macrumors G4

Lol, you didn't actually read the OP did you?

8. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, I'm def. leaning that way!

9. tiartrop macrumors regular

I always wondered how people with 16gb iphones cope because I always got the largest capacity and somehow managed to fill it up, but then I met people who don't use many apps, don't bother to play games, and certainly don't take many photos or listen music as much as I do, they're just happy to use the iphone as a... phone. 16gb is more than enough for them.

(and they most certainly don't wonder around at macrumors forums too, my guess.)

10. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Go 64GB!

16GB is way to low, I assume you use your phone more then most consumers if your on this forum. The 16GB is reserved for someone who just uses the phone, a little web browsing and the occasional app.

The 64GB is for the 90% of us who have pages of apps, our music library on the phone and who like to take pics and video.

I would say the 128GB is reserved for videophiles and power users! People who create 1080P videos and download full length videos on the go or just can't get enough games!

11. cynics macrumors G4

I wouldn't say you could a label of whether someone is a power user or not based off storage space because the opposite could apply.

A power user will typically clean their devices and off load data (pictures, videos, etc), use cloud based computing (music and video services) regardless of the amount of storage they have.

A casual user are the people that leave all their videos and photos on their phone and have no cloud based access to them. Tons of app that are typically never used. And run out of space trying to down load the new version of iOS because they have 5 gb of messages saved.

I plan on getting 64 gb iPhone 6 even though I have 16 gb now with 8.9 gb free.