Ugh, just did something stupid…

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kronie, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I am installing snow leopard a new drive for my wife’s MBP using my computer at work. I had reformatted the drive and inserted the OSX install disc into my laptop to install on her new drive. For some reason the combo drive wouldn’t read the DVD and kept ejecting it. I went into utilities and noticed that there was a “superdrive update” there so I selected it but I couldn’t get it to run. I kept on error-ing out.

Here is where the stupid comes in. I deleted the superdrive update from utilities and emptied the trash. (Thinking this would clear out whatever error it was) I think I removed my laptops ability to update now as I can’t seem to run an update. It just hangs there….

Here is my question. I have a CCC backup at home. Can I boot into this drive and save whatever .app that was and then put it back into my utilities on my laptops OSX? Problem fixed?

Or am I screwed?

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

What made you think that installing a superdrive updater (normally firmware) would fix a combo drive ?

If the superdrive updater was firmware then it won't have installed anyway and that is not your problem.

It sounds as if you have a faulty combo drive....