Ugh...WiFi stopped working again. This time I can't find a way to fix it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sweetwater, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sweetwater macrumors newbie

Last time it stopped working, I busted out my keying fingers and searched high and low on the web to figure out the problem - and did. All I needed to do was to reconfigure AirPort.

I just installed the update for my MacBook and it WiFi WAS working between my laptop and iPod touch (I have my MacBook configured as a wireless device so I can use my iPod touch around the house, or to play internet games, etc.) BEFORE the update. After I installed the MacBook update is when this problem seems to have started. I hope that it's just the update and not a hardware issue, but this brings me to the point of this post.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I set up my wireless network, have it configured in the "Sharing" folder to share the Web and the Internet. I am connected to the proper wireless network that I have set up for my WiFi activities. I choose my network on the iPod, everything connects, I have full bars, all is peachy but when I go to use anything that requires the internet, it times out or says there is no connection. Now, I thought that this might be because the WiFi is only connecting to my computer and not my computer's internet, but I have that all set up properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. sweetwater thread starter macrumors newbie

WTH? Sorry for this thread. It's working now. :eek::eek::eek:
    I did the COMMAND + OPTION + CONTROL + SHIFT + START command after restart and that fixed the problem.

Ugh, I can't believe it. I tried that before I posted but decided I would try again. And it worked.

Well, I guess if nothing else this could serve as a tutorial for people having trouble with their WiFi...

If nothing else works, shut down and then press COMMAND + OPTION + CONTROL + SHIFT + START and hold for about 5 seconds. :D

Sorry guys.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

One of the settings is probably configured wrong. probably a port blocked.