Uh oh, overwrote my files, need to get originals from the abyss of my MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xMILLZEx, Nov 7, 2009.

1. xMILLZEx macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2009
    Well, I had some photos of my pets in RAW format (.CR2), and in Camera Raw I saved them as jpegs, so I deleted my CR2's and emptied the trash.
    Then I used the program "ResizeMe" to resize the photos to 50% of the original size, but they resized them less than 25% of the size! So now all of my photos are super small, except for the first one that was on the list to be resized!
    So, I was wondering if there was a way I could get back my files I deleted from the trash about 30 minutes ago. I'm trying to run StellarPhoenix right now, but I haven't read great things about the program.

Any help is appreciated!
  2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

Mar 7, 2007
    You could try Data Rescue, I've heard good things about it.
  3. xMILLZEx thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2009
    Weird, I actually already have that program and forgot about it. :p
    They're both running now, but it'll take a while, so I'll go off to bed.
    When I get the results in the morning, I'll let you know how they both worked out!

Thanks for the reminder! :p
  4. toolbox macrumors 68020

Oct 6, 2007
    Australia (WA)
    Don't have a time capsule to you? I no with my video editing some of my files are 13GB in size ( this is the original source file ) They are very large, until i can afford some form of external storage (usb etc) i am stuck with that! It has saved me alot of times.
  5. xMILLZEx thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2009
    I do, but I don't use it too often.
    Also, neither of the programs worked, so I'll just have to upscale and lose some quality.