Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We've been trying to streamline our forums.

UI Customization doesn't get that much traffic, so it seems like it would make sense to move threads to their appropriate subforums (macOS, iPhone, etc..)

Let me know if anyone feels strongly about this.

arn

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
No complaints here. XThemes/ResEx/Unsanity days are long gone.

Reactions: arn

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I'm fine with it also as long as I don't get heckled, abused or pummeled if I happen to post there :D

And yes, the days of in-depth theming is over. I personally just like to make a few changes here and there but with that said I can't help but think that I by making themes that I encourage people to make their macOS installation less secure by disabling SIP and for Catalina; enabling write access to the whole system.

I would rather not be that guy when the threads are moved to the macOS forum and more people are exposed to my shenanigans. I'm not saying it should be forbidden to make threads like those of mine but there are probably better platforms for theming macOS than MacRumors. I have the same feeling about jailbreaking iOS. I don't do that myself. But, is there a disclaimer for that? I haven't checked to be honest as I'm not frequenting those forums.

Great initiative, @arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.