UK 16GB WiFi iPad now ships in "June"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HawkEye40, May 21, 2010.

1. HawkEye40 macrumors member

All the others say June 7th, 16 GB WiFi says "Ships: June". Just out of interest.

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

3. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Just seen that, very interesting.

I've got a 16GB WiFi for delivery next week, but I have often pondered whether the 3G would have been a better choice seeing as it appears to be the most popular model in the US. I don't have any experience of 3G in the UK BTW.

However, I now see a thread that says the 3G version is pants compared to the WiFi one. Some poster even contends that the iPad was really designed for WiFi.

What do you guys in the UK that aready have an iPad think?

I don't travel much so is Wifi good enough with maybe a 3G/Broadband gadget from 3 Store or eBay later on for the odd trip out?

4. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

All iPad models now say "Ships: June" on the UK store.

Edit: Actually, all iPad models in every store except Canada (and the U.S.) just say "Ships: June." Canada's store still says "Ships: By June 7th" for all models. Either we Canadians hate the iPad, or Apple just allocated a whole bunch of them for us.

5. mrcoop macrumors newbie

I had the same issues to go for wifi or 3G, I got a wifi one from the states and bought a three network mifi device that does exactly what it says on the tin. Plus you can get some better data deals than with an iPad 3G :rolleyes:

6. Elise macrumors 6502

7. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Really annoying that I didn't order earlier than yesterday!

8. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Here in the us, seems like almost all of the apple stores are out of stock. I have 5 apple stores near me (Chicago area) and none of them have them in stock, waiting list only. Good luck.

9. raremage macrumors 6502a

10. SteveWTW macrumors member

Having a non network connected iPad is rather painful. If I can't get a signal on my 3G iPad, I really miss the connectivity.

11. SCOTTGAZ9 macrumors regular

SCOTTGAZ9