UK - 5S Insurance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kiish, Sep 23, 2013.

1. kiish, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

kiish macrumors member

Looking for insurance for within UK, Carphone Warehouse have GeekSquad and it is £11.99/mo no contract, I have signed up to this and have 2 weeks before my card is charged (so have till then to decide). £60 fee to get a new phone if I loose it / damage it.

I have looked at others, Protect Your Bubble is £9.49/mo (Or £7.99 without loss protection). Any other recommendations?

Looking for month-to-month insurance as I'll probably cancel 3-4 months after (PAYG user) so price is not a issue.

2. vito macrumors 6502a

What about SquareTrade http://www.squaretrade.co.uk - Also your bank is a good place to start all the major ones have paid options which include multiple handsets insurance for family as just one of the perks etc

3. MichaelAndaz macrumors newbie

Have you considered AppleCare+? It would work out a lot cheaper.

Initial payment of £79 is required within the first 30 days of buying your iPhone. You can claim up to two incidents of accidental damage within the two years for a £55 excess fee.

4. kiish thread starter macrumors member

Does it include theft protection? I was just looking at that SquareTrade site and it shows that theft is not in the policy for AppleCare+.

I should say the aim is the not cheapest, would love to hear from someone who has had a issue and went through one of these companies and how easy it was to claim a replacement.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Never had any insurance for my iPhones, never needed it. Why not just put the £12 a month into a savings account, and if you do have an issue (as long as it's not early on) you will have the cash there to get the phone repaired or replaced.

If you don't use it, you are part way to your next update.

6. vito macrumors 6502a

This, if you're cautious about how you handle your phone and store it whilst it's not at your home. I understand some home insurers let you include phones on your contents insurance at home obviously but also on the move.

SquareTrade gets good reviews and are very good to deal with from folk who've mentioned it in conversation.