UK: All MPs' claims may be published

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edesignuk, Mar 14, 2008.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC, the "John Lewis List".

This should be good. Useless bastids.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

GOOD. Since our extortionate taxes are paying for this crap, we have a right to know where the money is going. Sure seems their second home expenses are unnecessarily high. :rolleyes: All of it pisses me off. Spoiled brats.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Especially when some MPs then proceed to rent out said "second" home to further line their pockets.
    Snouts deep into the feeding bag — or is that trough? :(

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The media are going to be having an absolute field day with this.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

for those of us who are yanks..... MP = "member of parliament"?

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

That is correct. :)
    Right Honourable, even… :rolleyes:

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I thought this was about Military Police.

8. Queso macrumors G4

Good. This will certainly be interesting, although I would prefer it if the published details went back the statutory seven years HM Government demand I keep in case they want to see it.

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

To be fair, some MP's who live a long way away from London do rack up costs renting a flat in the capital and travelling to and from their constituencies. That so much I don't have an issue with – but forking out a load of cash on stuff like freestanding mirrors and new bathroom suites and then claiming it back as expenses isn't the best use of our tax money that I can think of.

The details of their expenses will make interesting reading, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few nervous MP's sat in their newly renovated kitchens this evening. This move gets a thumbs up from me – there's no reason why expenses shouldn't be totally transparent.

10. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

So the MPs couldn't get all the unrecorded "donations" to fund their second homes? If I was British, I would be appalled at your incompetent government: first Northern Rock, then the NHS health records, and now you learn that all those cheeky bastards in parliament don't even know how be properly corrupt. That's just shameful... :rolleyes:

11. Queso macrumors G4

The only reason why they can't get away with unrecorded donations and the like is because the British people are constantly on their back about it. In this democracy we consider it our national duty to openly criticise our representatives when they're out of line. Most of us also float between the parties in elections rather than sticking with the same one every time. These people aren't a sports team, they deserve no loyalty if they aren't performing.