UK Apple Store Cash Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nintendolinky, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hi I'm going to be queuing for the iPhone 5 and I would like to know will the Apple store allow me to pay with cash. I can use my card, I just don't want to have waited hours for the bank to block the credit due to the large amount of money coming out. And then I'm stuck with no phone, if i pay with cash I remove that problem.
    I'm only asking for UK apple stores not sure as it might be different in the US.
    Thanks.

2. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

The website says credit and debit cards only http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

So I'm not sure if they'd let you pay cash. They were funny about taking cash for iPhones in the past

3. TheVandit macrumors member

TheVandit

Is that not for contracts though? I'm considering the cash option too. I can guarantee my bank will stop it, just means I have to get on the phone but that's kinda stressful in high pressure Apple launch Q situation =S

4. flipshot macrumors 6502a

It goes on to give additional requirements for Pay Monthly customers, so I would say the credit or debit requirement is for all customers Sim Free or Pay Monthly.

5. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Just called my local Apple store, £ Sterling cash is fine, he even double checked with a manager after I advised him what the web page says.