UK - Cheapest Place to purchase Apple Care 15" rMBP

bbasra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Hi,

Does anyone know where is the cheapest place in the UK to purchase Apple Care for the 15" rMBP.

MD013ZM/A

Thanks.

raymondso

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
Hong Kong
Hi,

Does anyone know where is the cheapest place in the UK to purchase Apple Care for the 15" rMBP.

MD013ZM/A

Thanks.
If you can get it outside UK, it will be cheaper. I'm in Hong Kong and the apple care for rMBP 15" costs only GBP 185. See if you can get someone to bring you one from here. :D

wmage

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
San Francisco
You don't need to physically bring it, right? You can just have somebody buy one for you and activate it with your serial number.

Similar question: If somebody else gets you AppleCare (say they are eligible for student pricing), can you still use it on your own computer?

I know that's getting close to fraud in moral sense, but as long as AppleCare is bound to serial number, not person, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

bbasra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for your replies. Will try and sort something out. Cheapest place I've seen it is £209. Apple Education is around £195.

Bah-Bah

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
I second Amazon....Got mine from there and it was fine. I think I paid £179 for it for a 15" mac book pro. When the packaging arrived, it was in Italian but when I activated it (on the phone), there was no problem and the guy I was speaking to assured me it was fine.

I don't even think Apple mind if you find it cheaper somewhere, as long as you're not pretending to be a student when you're not or something.

bbasra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for all your replies. Ordered for £181 from Amazon.co.uk.

Peace of mind.