UK Christian group patrolling Muslim enclaves

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Jan 26, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Christian patrols in the UK are in response to Muslim patrols that excoriate UK citizens for un-Islamic-like conduct. The UK Christian group has drawn conviction for harassment.

A young Muslim radical that was contacted by 60 minutes in the past indicated that "Ultimately, I want to see every single woman in this country covered from head to toe.” "I want to the see the hand of the thief cut. I want to see adulterers stoned to death. I want to see Sharia law in Europe and I want to see it in America as well."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/christian-group-patrols-londons-streets-to-oppose-muslims/

2. sim667 macrumors 65816

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

My non-existent ghost is real and yours is not. Let's all kill each other over it.

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

UK Christian group?! Are you having a laugh?

'Britain First' are a racist propaganda group who use Christianity and the deaths of soldiers to further their sick agenda. They are made up of lower class job dodgers who just want an excuse to incite violence with minorities. Please read the millions of comments taking the mick out of them on Facebook which is where they attempt the market their joke of a movement.

5. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I've ceased to be amazed at the type of filth right wingers choose to idolize and align themselves with.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

How many Jews have they gassed? How many nations annexed?

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

You do realise the 3rd Reich weren't the only Nazi's, right? There are still Nazi groups (i.e. Neo-Nazi organisations).

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

We are talking modern day views, not the Third Reich.

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Hmm this group is not a Christian group at all. They are a bunch of racists now trying to pretend that they are fighting for Christian values. I feel sorry for the law abiding British Muslims who have no interest in the likes of ISIS. They condemn their actions just as much as non muslim Britons.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

The more hard right americans on here will claim that Muslims never condemn ISIS (which they've been proven time and time again wrong)........

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've lived in or around a town in England where 25% of the population is Muslim. I've never been accosted by them for "un-Islamic-like conduct".
    Two schoolgirls in hijab's did give my partner and myself some flowers for being a cute couple, though. The last time a white person (that I didn't know) did that to me it was to rob my old Motorola phone. Just my experience.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The town I grew up in was about 25% Pakistani Muslim and my secondary school had about a similar percentage. Some of my friends are Muslim and I can't remember any racism issues growing up. We've had things reported in the paper where the local mosque was graffitied, but you are always going to get idiots. I've never heard of a Muslim attacking a non Muslim in the town though.

Unfortunately groups like 'Britain First' think they can march through areas with their green logo jumpers, waving Union flags, chanting 'we're here to take our country back from the Muslims' while making rude hand gestures and using racist words off camera. This angers people and then they use it as propaganda to suggest Muslims are somehow violent and starting the trouble! Hiding behind Christianity is a false image they like to portray. I know of at least 6 British Army regiments that have publicly asked Britain First not to associate marketing with them. Also veteran groups have done the same. Lee Rigby's mother and father have asked them not to use images of their son as propaganda for their sick cause too!

They are a joke and perhaps people across the pond are unaware just how hated this group are among normal intelligent people. It might be that we have more Muslims in our society and don't fear them anywhere near as much as Americans do. It's easy to stereotype and spread fear. Just ask Donald Trump and Britain First.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

About 6 months ago I would have told Americans Britain First is like Donald Trump - just a universally-hated, racist figure/group. But then people started supporting Trump. I guess that would be the difference; nobody here likes Britain First except loud people in Britain First.

14. MacSociology macrumors regular

It's funny how often I see Americans telling Europeans about the reality of living in European countries eventhough they know next to nothing about living in European countries.

15. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Comments thus far have latched onto that Christian group and are quite an indictment.

What about the 60 minutes report, ignored thus far, where this sentiment was plainly spoken:

A young Muslim radical that was contacted by 60 minutes in the past indicated that "Ultimately, I want to see every single woman in this country covered from head to toe.” "I want to the see the hand of the thief cut. I want to see adulterers stoned to death. I want to see Sharia law in Europe and I want to see it in America as well."

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The article quotes the sentiments of 2 extremists on both sides of the conflict. Paul Golding is racist with a criminal record and has a very selective criteria of who he thinks qualifies to be British. On the other hand you have a Muslim with extremist views where he wants Sharia law implemented in the UK. Whatever, it's not going to happen and in my view the extremists on both sides need to be dealt with.

It's funny how some instantly view Muslims as the sole problem when we also have white racists who think nothing of bringing violence into your neighbourhood. Groups like Britain First have existed long before the current conflicts. We had Skinheads, the National Front, Combat 18 and recently the English Defence League. They are not interested in bringing peace because they would have nothing to do. They aren't tolerated on the terraces at Millwall and West Ham any more so have to bring some form of recreational violence to replace it.

So my question to you Fielding is why are you appalled by the comments of the Muslim chap but not by the disturbing behaviour of Britain First?

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I think the OP was successfully shamed into abandoning his own thread when it became clear to him that he has an uphill battle to justify supporting the actions of a white supremacist group. Conservatives and their heroes....

19. MacSociology macrumors regular

I'm conservative, and organizations like BF is neither mine nor any members of our political party heroes. Don't judge a group based on the actions of a few idiots.

20. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I was more referring to American conservatives who seem to be becoming increasingly radicalized to the point where Donald Trump, the man who wants to force American Muslims to register in a database, is their top candidate. But then they get all pissy when they're rightfully compared to fascists.