Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
My PB 12" shipped on Thursday and was wondering when I can expect it to arrive. It is a built to order and is coming from Taiwan.

Any info would be great!:D

Bakey

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2003
O Donny Boy
I'd say between 5 to 6 working days!

Just before Chrimbo I ordered a BTO G4 iBook. And although it took only a couple of days to build the thing, a further [if my memory serves me correctly] 6 days later I took delivery.

I can only suggest ringing Apple Ireland as they'll be able to track your order... unlike the useless web based tracking system.

;)

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Thanks for that. I've got the delivery number so I can track it via TNT.

Cheers!

simon1

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2004
Teesside, UK
Ordrered my ipod on the 17th January. Shipped on the 22nd. Just rang apple and they say there has been a delay due to new year in Asia. It was prepared to fly on 27th and is still in shanghai !!. They expect it to be delievered to me by end of week. I won't be holding my breath!!.

Bakey

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2003
O Donny Boy
Originally posted by BowiPod
Thanks for that. I've got the delivery number so I can track it via TNT.

Cheers!

Good luck with the TNT tracking number... I personally found it next to useless, telling me absolutely jack about where my order was!

Hence the phone call to Ireland... 2 minutes later, I knew exactly where my order was and when to expect its delivery.

;)

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
I just phoned Ireland. It is in europe and was told to expect it in about 48 hours. I've to phone back tomorrow so I can get a consignment number for proper tracking.

Cheers!:)

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
My new 12" PB took over 2 weeks to arrive when I ordered it in September. It shipped much later than the "3-5 days" on the site but it was a BTO too. In the end it arrived one day after I went to uni, which is exactly what I didn't want to happen! Still, they said there were shipping delays in Asia or something.

Hope it arrives soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.