UK did everyone get 7 to10 days delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marlman, Sep 20, 2013.

1. marlman macrumors regular

marlman

I ordered my 32gb gold 5s at about 12.03am and got the 7 to 10 days delivery notice.

Did anyone get a quicker delivery date or are we all the same.

If you did better what model did you order.

2. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Not heard of anyone outside the US getting shorter delivery times.
    I ordered around 4am and got the 7-10.

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yes it seems everyone that ordered early got the same 7-10 dispatch estimate. I ordered a 32GB Gold at 12:08. How true this is i don't know but i have heard that the delivery estimates are very "conservative" so we may get them a little earlier :confused:

4. kmpowell macrumors member

Fired up the app at 11.55pm and the 5S' were already live to buy, all models showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". The website wasn't live until 12.00am, and when it did all models were showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days".

To put it into context I had ordered my 64GB Space Grey S via the App, and recieved my order confirmation email before the website had even gone live.

At launch I don't believe anybody got anything other than "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". At 8am all models changed to "Dispatched: October".

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i ordered at 00:01 and showed 7-10 from the outset...

it was even 7-10 at 8am this morning...

either the online demand just wasn't there is plenty of initial stock to satisfy the first wave of orders

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

ordered at 00:01 and got 7-10 days delivery. expected is 7-10th october.

7. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

If there was plenty of initial stock, it would have been shipping within 1 day. There was zero initial stock.

8. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I ordered just after midnight and all phoens were showing 7-10 days.

I'd like the dates to be conservative but I fear that Apple, a company renowned for having a high degree of control over its supply chain, will already have allocated upcoming stock to its markets for the next few weeks and so this date is likely to be based on the UK arrival date of a specific shipment. Any shipments leaving China over the next couple of days are likely to be prioritised to the US & other large markets.

We might be lucky and get our phones before the weekend of the 5th/6th but I think it unlikely we will see any movement in the dates before next weekend.

I do of course hope that Apple prove me wrong!

POSTSCRIPT - I think Apple may regret what they did with online orders when it comes to next year's release. After all, will anyone even bother trying to go online? I know this year's debacle is a function of the lack of pre-orders but we know now that customers ordering online at Apple are at the very bottom of their list of priorities.

9. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

10. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I got my confirmation dated 19th Sept at 00:00 and it was still 7 to 10 days. Changed around 10:00 to October for just about everything.

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

Same delivery date as mine :) wish it would be sooner tho ;)

----------

I was probably being a bit too optimistic there then, i have never ordered an iPhone online before. I have ordered other things, iMac took about 3-4 weeks and my iPad was around 2-3 weeks. I think Apple have decided to give more attention to the stores than online. While it is a little disheartening that it will take 7-10 days, and then delivery around 7-10th October (estimate that was given by Apple online) It could of been worse, no doubt there are people who will have to wait until "October" as the estimate says on Apples website.

12. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah i am hoping for the same.

13. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Managed to actually get my order through at 11:59 on the 19th, and even at that, it was 7-10 days delivery. :(