UK Education Discount (I am a student, but paid with cousin's credit card?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Art~, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Art~, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

Art~ macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    Here's my situation. I am going to begin my undergraduate studies in UK this fall, and have the acceptance letter and college ID.

Therefore, I am eligible to receive the HE Discount from the UK Apple Online Store. If I order before September 6, 2013, I can get the Back-to-School Promo and receive the 70-pound gift card. However, I am not residing in UK currently and will only move into my hall at the end of September (not in time for Back-to-School Promo), and do not have my own credit card.

I can, however, try to access the online store through the college link that some kind soul shared on the web. Or I can just make an international call to order it. I have a cousin (non-student) in UK who is willing to use his credit card to pay for my MBP, and I can pay him back when I go to UK.

Here's the question:
    Can a student purchase a Macbook with an education discount through the Apple Online Store, but use a credit card belonging to someone who is neither a parent nor a legal guardian?

Thanks! :)

2. Ak95 macrumors newbie

Yes you can.
    I bought mine using my cousins credit card.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

As memory serves, I think the college discount isn't as high and it may only be 15% off if you order via phone. Higher education through your campus will save you 20% and give you free 3-year warranty, so it might be worth waiting. :)

Plus by then Apple will most likely have updated their rMBP line by then (if that's what you were looking at) :D