Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaldyUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hi,

My phone has developed an intermittent clicking when using the touchscreen.

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Wednesday. I'm hoping that a replacement phone will come with 6.1.2 due to the short time since the release of 6.1.3.

Ordinarily I'd restore the phone before taking it into Apple for them to have a look but if I do that and the replacement phone comes with 6.1.3 I'm left without a jailbreak.

So I'm going to leave my phone JB'ed and take it in anyway and hope for the best, am I being stupid?

Thanks.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

My phone has developed an intermittent clicking when using the touchscreen.

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Wednesday. I'm hoping that a replacement phone will come with 6.1.2 due to the short time since the release of 6.1.3.

Ordinarily I'd restore the phone before taking it into Apple for them to have a look but if I do that and the replacement phone comes with 6.1.3 I'm left without a jailbreak.

So I'm going to leave my phone JB'ed and take it in anyway and hope for the best, am I being stupid?

Thanks.

You are taking a risk t

If they see that the iPhone is jail-broken they could reject looking at it further.

If I was you I would restore.

A replacement iPhone is worth more than a jail-break !

I was in my local Uk Apple Store the other day and one of the staff saw my icons on my ip5 ,and knew it was jail - broken but refrained from saying anything !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.