UK first time Macbook owner- a quick synopsis of my situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dan0903, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. Dan0903 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    #1
    I got a job in August to buy a Macbook for university in september next year.

    i had enough money in november and was all ready to order a macbook when i decided to opt for a pro (since my parents had agreed to go halves on any laptop).
    at the start of december i was sitting down with my parents to order the Mac when i had a quick read of this forum and noticed rumours concerning macworld in Jan.

    So how likely is it that a new Macbook Pro is going to be released, with better specs (and not just a smaller screen) in january, as i am finding it very hard to wait!
     
  2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

    Much Ado

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Most probable is a brand-new laptop model (Ultra-portable, Macbook-thin etc.) but you can never say. We only deal with rumours here ;)

    If you can afford to wait, you might as well. You do get 2 weeks after you buy to take anything back if a new model comes out, so that's only really a few weeks to go before you can buy 'safely'.
     
  3. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #3
    Around September - October, Apple do the free (exc VAT) iPod Nano student promo. Something to bear in mind... sounds like you want to buy way sooner than that though, and the MBPs are "due" (it's been... 7 months?) so definitely hold tight to see what Apple offers after Jan 15! General rumours are new chips, larger GPUs and/or a 13" model.
     
  4. Dan0903 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    #4
    well i have an 80gb ipod, so theres no need to worry about the promo's.

    but yeh, we use macs at college and having one ASAP would be useful
     
  5. gavd macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    #5
    I know it's tempting to just buy one now but as you've waited this long I think you might as well wait another couple of weeks now. They might not change a great deal but you won't lose anything by waiting.
     

Share This Page