UK iMac/iPod Touch Order – Delayed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rookie1986, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I placed an order for an iMac back last month (either the 12th or 13 cant quite remember), I also included an iPod Touch 8GB in my order, it all was suppose to have shipped on Friday 28th but when I got home from work this evening and checked my orders page I noticed that it still hasn’t shipped and my delivery date is getting closer and closer, I tried phoning Apple phone support but they just told me that its because I ordered the touch so will get a several day increase in waiting time on my order (although I’ve read that most of you have had your touch ship by now, and its not like apple couldn’t have made enough to meet the pre-orders), Has anyone got any ideas on what could be holding up the order? My iMac is just the one available on the website with no modifications and I didn’t get the iPod engraved, I placed that ordered over the phone if that would make any difference, the guy on the phone support today told me to phone up again if nothing had changed by Thursday night but then that would make it Friday before I phone and another week will have passed with no update on my order. Is this normal for orders placed directly through apple?

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

It'll definitely be the Touch holding up the order. Just because some people have already had their Touches dispatched doesn't mean that yours will be sent out on the same day. If I were you, I'd be calling Apple every day. Who cares if they don't have any more info, you might as well be proactive!! A word of warning though, your order *may* be slowed down because the Touch and the iMac will probably come from separate factories and they sometimes take a day during delivery to merge the shipments so be prepared.

P.S. For the love of God, please learn to use the full stop key! Most people won't even bother reading a post like that because its too much like hard work!

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

It had comma’s :p

I just got off the phone with apple support again and they told me they would e-mail me this afternoon or early tomorrow morning with a full explanation on whats going on and would try and get it shipped out asap.

I know its not much of an improvement but its a start :)

4. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

My phone call must have worked because my items are now prepaired for shipment :D

Unless they just changed it to say that so I would stop calling them :p