UK - iphone 4 still not shipped …*:( Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bravenewmac, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bravenewmac macrumors member

Ok i think its time to start woring – my uk iphone 4 (ordered from apple) still hasnt shipped …*:mad: (its not even in "prepared for shipping").

Am i alone or are there other users with this problem???

2. Project macrumors 68020

3. bravenewmac thread starter macrumors member

what? it hasnt shipped for anyone in the uk or what are you saying?

4. Project macrumors 68020

Nobody in the UK has progressed further than "not yet shipped".

The only way I see it being here on Thursday is if Europe's shipment is already here.

5. Aurial macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't chained from "Not yet shipped" either.

I'm not too concerned. America is a big place, they probably have many more orders to ship out and further for them to travel.

6. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

No, it's just YOU, everyone else in the world has shipped

No, it's just YOU, everyone else in the world has shipped.

/stupid question :rolleyes:

7. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

I love how many of these are turning up now.

I'm pretty certain if it doesn't arrive by June 24th like it says on the order page all hell will be let loose.

Probably resulting in an apple gift card. I want my order status to change as much as the next person but the numerous amount of posts relating to 'My order still hasn't shipped' isn't going to speed things up and will probably cause more people to panic.

There are still 3 more days until it needs to be here.

8. bravenewmac thread starter macrumors member

wow ok i whas under the impression that plenty of peoble already got it shipped. But theymust have been all from the us. Ok this kinda sucks …*i hope apple doesnt screw us over again (like with the ipad)

9. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

Not going to happen. The Carriers have already arranged for launch. The Apple stores have arranged for launch. The iPhones are 99% certainly in the country.

There not going to turn around with just over 72 Hours left and say 'Sorry, we can't give you guys the phones as the US needs them more'

Its all about Supply and Demand. The less supply the more demand. Apple are kings at making people think they need something they really don't.

10. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

iirc Apple has a factory in Ireland (aswell as their europe HQ) so can only assume our devices are being built there so there's less travel time to get them here.

Having said that, i'm still pacing due to lack of updates, hurry up and prepare to ship goddamit! i work for Orange and have already had customers call up saying they've already received theirs, wtf?! :confused:

11. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

Yeah there lying. Just trying to get Micro Sims.

If people are receiving them there would be hundreds of videos showing on you tube.

Plus Apple aren't going to build anything in Ireland. Not when they can use cheap chinese factories to do it with the tooling.

12. cperchard macrumors 6502a

someone in the uk thread said they phoned apple and apparantly we will get our status changes either today or tomorrow A.M. Here's hoping!

13. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Yeah luckily i'm clued up enough to know their telling porkies, but all the senior management are running round like panicking headless chickens, it's quite funny tbh :D

good point, didn't think of that

14. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

15. synagence macrumors 6502a

If it doesn't ship by tuesday i'd say we'd be struggling to get them in-time .. but i have every confidence in not getting screwed...

Apple still has a pre-auth on my credit-card for the amount anyway

16. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

Apple took the amount from my account within 30minutes of ordering.

I do hope they update the status to shipped by tomorrow... :confused:

17. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

In the same boat, but I now have a micro sim. Just picked it up from my o2 store. They wanted to keep my email before giving me it though!

18. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

19. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Your country's size and volume is quite small compared to the US, so it will take less time for them to ship throughout the UK. They have to ship earlier in the US in order to get all of the phones to the appropriate local hubs across the country. Shipping in the UK will be like shipping just within the state of Oregon. You can probably expect your orders to ship tomorrow (Tuesday).