(UK) Mid contract can you buy an iPhone SIM free and use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Oct 13, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

So If I'm on a contract in UK, eg Orange with a normal contract, mins, data, txts etc, and a HTC phone for example.

Can I mid contract go out and buy an iPhone and put in the SIM (I know its micro SIM, I have one off last time, and use an adapter), and just continue using the same contract, and then sell the other phone?

Its just I'm thinking of getting a new 24month contract, with a different phone, but am sure I'll buy an iPhone in 6months, or wait till iPhone 5 is out. I would then buy direct from Apple UK and use it on the same contract. Is this allowed?

cheers

2. Robby S macrumors member

Yes, if you are currently using a micro sim, you can sell your current phone and use it in an iPhone 4S.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

So will Orange need to know anything, that I've changed my phone, or that I've sold the original phone I got on contract etc?

Its just I don't want to go into a 24 month contract and not be able to swap to a different phone when I want, I can get a good discount (25%/month on line rental) for a 24 month contract. if not I would just buy SIM free?

Dare I mention in here that I may get the contract out on a Android phone, and then in a year get the new iPhone 5? thats my reasoning anyway

Do a lot of people do this? the contract I'm thinking of is 600mins, unlimited txts, 1Gb data, Free WiFi at Openzone (UK), 2 swappables?!? for £27/month.

cheers