Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
arghhhhh!! .. I really wanted a 32GB but of course they're not happening yet so I've decided to get the 16GB .. popped into my CW this morning and they said that they most likely won't get any 16GB iPhone at launch but a 'few weeks' afterwards!! .. I'm really hoping they're wrong!! .. I've been waiting since the first iPhone announcement (Jan 2007) for this phone and I think the extra few weeks would do me in!! :(

Has anyone else heard anything like this? ..

They did say tho that the push this time is much bigger than for the original iPhone launch in the UK and that there's a real buzz about it ..

Time will tell ..

I sooooooo want it in time for my summer vacation so I can actually use email and web while away!! ..

Loopy (and maybe getting loopy-er!)

bigcol1983

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
scotland
they will have a mixture of 8gb and 16 gb, black and white versions, and with it being apple they will want more money and not just wanna give away free 8gb models, im sure the store is wrong.

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
On that sort of note, bit of an idiot question...

If you have a CPW iPhone, can you upgrade at an o2 shop? o2 and CPW o2 see themselves as separate providers so I would have thought you'd have to stick with who your contract is with. Be a bit of a bugger if CPW don't have what you want but o2 do!

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
On that sort of note, bit of an idiot question...

If you have a CPW iPhone, can you upgrade at an o2 shop? o2 and CPW o2 see themselves as separate providers so I would have thought you'd have to stick with who your contract is with. Be a bit of a bugger if CPW don't have what you want but o2 do!

if you have an iphone your contract is with o2 doesn't matter where you bought, personally I wouldnt go near carcon warehouse;);)
stick with an o2 store or hopefully apple store

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
Goodo, two shops to trawl on the 11th then, assuming you can upgrade instore. I can't imagine there's going to be much of a queue in my little high street though... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.