UK - O2/CPW/Apple - Which are Out of Stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyhargreaves, Jul 11, 2008.

1. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

How about a thread dedicated to listing any UK outlets you visit which are out of stock, whether 8Gb, 16Gb, or both, along with any other relevant info?

Just an idea, people can check quickly before they go shopping!

Andy

2. der boons macrumors member

der boons

St Andrews CPW only had eight 8gb and a number of guys in the queue but upgrades from iphone2g were not working and they did not have phones for preorder collection!

3. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

To be honest im not feeling that friendly after the morning i have had,.....

I say let those who are arrogant enough to assume that their will be stock available after 830am find out the hard way!!! :mad:

5. badgerman macrumors 6502a

CPW in greater manchester is out, but they are taking orders from their depot for delivery for tomoz. I think I was the first one with a 16gb as the let the doors open at 7.45!!

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

clumber st nottingham will be out of stock soon as they trawl through the line of waiting people.. lol..

not sure about the other o2 store and cpw's.. but i'm guessing by lunchtime it'll all be done and dusted everywhere..

7. deccoo macrumors member

North Finchley O2 and CPW out of 16gb but cpw taking orders for Monday. Last few 8gb left

8. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Basingstoke O2 and Basingstoke Carphone Warehouse are out of stock on the 16GB model.

The store opened at 9:12 because they weren't ready and security seem to have had no prior knowledge of the launch (?!). I was only about 15th-20th in line. Earlier, at about 8:30am, a lady had been around and I asked "do you have plenty of 16GBs?" and she replied "don't worry, we have plenty of 16GBs in stock". Well turns out they were lying because they ran out of 16GBs after 10 people had been served!

They're now taking people's numbers down on a list, but they are doing it at various points of the queue, so there is absolutely no concept of "first come, first served".

What a bunch of *$%^£@! I am happy to wait for hours if I have to, but to be lied to point blank is not on.

9. davem7 macrumors member

Walsall O2 store is out of 16GB phones, only had about 4 which is a bit of a joke.

10. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

O2 store speke... about 20-30 iPhones total, queue had 40 people in it. Not worth queuing, felt sorry for people at the back, no chance of getting a iPhone and standing in the rain.

11. chrissmash macrumors regular

My O2 store had 15 phones and 5 were black 16GB and 10 were 8GB, CPW in coleraine had no phones.

12. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Got to the O2 in Wood Green high street at 7.45 this morning. They sold out of 16GB about half 8. Went to the Carphone Warehouse in Shopping City where they had about 80 iPhones, but only 5 of them were 16GB. Despite being one of the first to be served, it turns out all 5 were allocated to online pre-orders!

Just phoned the O2 store in The Strand and they have no 16GB left either.

13. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

As of writing this,

O2 Widnes - Sold out in less than 30 minutes (I was there).
    O2 St Helens - Sold out
    O2 Speke - last time I rang, 70 in the queue, all stock accounted for.
    O2 Warrington - Sold out in 45 minutes

Widnes had 3 16GB models, and 10 8 GB models.

I was 7th in the queue.

The rep has taken my details, and I have an 8GB for pickup sometime today,
    due to 'system crashes'.

He will contact me today, to resume the registration process, in-store.

R-Fly

14. emdotdee macrumors regular

emdotdee

Hey R-fly, I was 15th in that queue.

If i'd got out of bed when my first alarm went off at 6:45 I would probably have a 16gb now :-(

Suppose I'll have to hope that they get more in stock next week and hopefully I can get a white one.

15. macmedal macrumors regular

Apple Bluewater and Lakeside has loads of stock including white 16gb but as the O2 server has crashed no one can get their hands on them !!!!

16. minga macrumors member

apple bluewater quote we could build castles with them

17. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Loads of phones Apple Bullring but unable to process any of them :(

18. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Ahh, hey.

Yeah it's a joke, I'm sat here at home, waiting on a phone call to tell me the systems are back up.

Even with the systems up, it seems phone registration is taking hours upon hours at a time.

I had every intention to pick-up a 16Gb model, in white, as you did.
    I even rang yesterday and spoke to a woman called Julie.

She said they have white 16GB in stock, and ready for sale.
    How wrong she was.

I'm settling for the 8GB, I just have to trust the rep has actually wrapped my details around it.

Shambles.

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to score one, that sucks.

R-Fly