Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
Check in here if you survived O2's shambles yesterday. :D

I've a feeling O2 aren't being straight about their delivery times at point of sale. I ordered a 6 for the girlfriend, and a 6+ for myself. Both supposed to be delivered on the 19th according to the agent who initiated the orders.

When finalising it online, it shows the 6+ to be delivered 2 to 3 weeks after release (the 6 has a message that they'll be delivered from the 19th onwards).

How's yours and would you have preferred to be with EE for their data roaming offer?

Holty123

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Crington UK
I have been with O2 since 6:02pm November 2007, and have queued every year outside my local store but last year was the first year i did not! i don't trust O2 anymore last year the didn't even have the 5s in stock but the would not come straight out and say it!

i now go to Apple and buy outright saving money and not giving it to O2

good luck hope you get it

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
My 6 Plus said it will be available to collect in store on or from the 19th September. I ordered fully online, after lots of issues at about 9.10am.

Not had an email confirmation yet but went on live chat and they confirmed the order had gone through and I would get it on launch day.

On the O2 Forums, those who ordered a 6 Plus in store got texts or calls afterwards saying they wouldn't get it until 7th October. However I think online and phone orders are actually handled by Carphone Warehouse rather than O2 themselves so hopefully it will be ok.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
I have been with O2 since 6:02pm November 2007, and have queued every year outside my local store but last year was the first year i did not! i don't trust O2 anymore last year the didn't even have the 5s in stock but the would not come straight out and say it!

i now go to Apple and buy outright saving money and not giving it to O2

good luck hope you get it

Hah, cheers. This is my first time pre-ordering a phone so got no clue what the deal is with carriers. If I had the spare cash for two phones right now I'd have bought directly from Apple as well :D

----------

My 6 Plus said it will be available to collect in store on or from the 19th September. I ordered fully online, after lots of issues at about 9.10am.

Not had an email confirmation yet but went on live chat and they confirmed the order had gone through and I would get it on launch day.

On the O2 Forums, those who ordered a 6 Plus in store got texts or calls afterwards saying they wouldn't get it until 7th October. However I think online and phone orders are actually handled by Carphone Warehouse rather than O2 themselves so hopefully it will be ok.

Ah interesting, wasn't aware of that. Think I'm going to try Live Chat and see what they say about delivery dates.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
I checked now with O2, they said that the 6+ is out of stock and they don't have a time scale for it. They'll just ship them out to people as stock arrives over time after the 19th.

stevomorning

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I've been with O2 since getting the iPhone 3G, and never had an issue with them so was happy to upgrade for the 6.

But I didn't even know the pre order was up yesterday, I signed up to some Coming Soon thing and didn't even get a text or email to tell me pre orders were Friday.

I put my order in for a 6 late yesterday and don't have a ETA on delivery just hope it comes on the 19th.

Bass1293

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Picking my silver 64GB 6 up in store on the 19th. Pleased I'm avoiding delivery.

I'll be there when the store opens at 8AM so I will get it sooner too :D

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I checked now with O2, they said that the 6+ is out of stock and they don't have a time scale for it. They'll just ship them out to people as stock arrives over time after the 19th.

When did you complete your order? Mine said on the last confirmation screen collection from launch day. if yours said 2-3 weeks that might be why.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
When did you complete your order? Mine said on the last confirmation screen collection from launch day. if yours said 2-3 weeks that might be why.

Was pretty late, I couldn't complete the orders as the site kept giving error messages. Nearly 3.30pm.

Been checking the O2 forums now, seems that O2 may not have any 6+ for launch and that store staff were misinformed when telling customers they could guarantee delivery on the 19th. Fingers crossed though that things aren't as bad as that.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
Was pretty late, I couldn't complete the orders as the site kept giving error messages. Nearly 3.30pm.

Been checking the O2 forums now, seems that O2 may not have any 6+ for launch and that store staff were misinformed when telling customers they could guarantee delivery on the 19th. Fingers crossed though that things aren't as bad as that.

Yeah they don't seem to know what they are doing, everyone is getting told different things. On Twitter they are now saying they won't dispatch orders until the 19th September for delivery afterwards.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
Yeah they don't seem to know what they are doing, everyone is getting told different things. On Twitter they are now saying they won't dispatch orders until the 19th September for delivery afterwards.

Ah I see that on Twitter now too. Was hoping to at least get the girlfriend's smaller 6 on 19th. Shame :(

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
After 2 hours of trying to get through online and by phone yesterday I pre-ordered in store. My receipts say expected for the 19th and the'll keep me up to date. I was on 02 chat just before and she couldn't confirm the 19th but said certainly within 8 days of it if it's not 19th.
I should imagine that I should be ok for the 19th and the 02 chat women is just covering her back as expected, the 02 lady in the shop said I was only the 3rd person to pre-order in store.

4.7 64GB Gold.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
They didn't know what was going on when I rang this morning. Lots of perhapses and maybes. I cancelled and ordered from Carphone Warehouse instead. They're still saying delivery expected on the 19th for most models. Some have been updated to 'to be confirmed' as the day's gone on so I'm crossing my fingers that their info actually means something.

I'm guessing I won't get my Debenhams voucher etc as I've not ordered direct from O2?

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
They didn't know what was going on when I rang this morning. Lots of perhapses and maybes. I cancelled and ordered from Carphone Warehouse instead. They're still saying delivery expected on the 19th for most models. Some have been updated to 'to be confirmed' as the day's gone on so I'm crossing my fingers that their info actually means something.

I'm guessing I won't get my Debenhams voucher etc as I've not ordered direct from O2?
I think they are just trying to cover their backs with saying like within a week or so of the 19th etc.

I would expect that most if not all who pre-orderd and got an expected date of the 19th will get it on the 19th. I would expect stock to be limited for walk in though.

What you have to consider with 02 is that they have partnered with Carphone warehouse so that all orders made online and via phone have stock delivered from Carphone warehouse, where as those who pick up in store have stock directly from 02. As a result 02 actually ends up with more iPhones than any other carrier.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I think they are just trying to cover their backs with saying like within a week or so of the 19th etc.

I would expect that most if not all who pre-orderd and got an expected date of the 19th will get it on the 19th. I would expect stock to be limited for walk in though.

What you have to consider with 02 is that they have partnered with Carphone warehouse so that all orders made online and via phone have stock delivered from Carphone warehouse, where as those who pick up in store have stock directly from 02. As a result 02 actually ends up with more iPhones than any other carrier.

I didn't know they were partnered like that. I guess in that case cancelling with O2 and ordering 12 hours later with CPW wasn't the best idea. I wasn't given an expected date when I ordered through O2 which is what worried me.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
O2 do seem to have some idea of stock, if you look at the various models now they vary from "Available for pre-order, We'll start delivering from launch day onwards" to 'Delivery in 2-3 weeks from launch day, 19 September' or '6-7 Weeks' I had the first message when I ordered mine.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
Ordered yesterday from Gateshead MetroCentre O2 store 64GB 6 Silver with £9.99 upfront cost date get is 19th on receipt but had to go back to change it as they accidentally ordered a 6+ which wouldn't come until October 7th so had to go all the way back to change it to a 6 which is what wanted in the first place just got the rest of contract to pay when collect iPhone on Friday

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
My missus works close to the local O2 store. She popped in on Thursday and they said they weren't getting the 6 Plus. I called the same store later and was told they won't get the 6 Plus instore until 7th October

On Friday at 8am I tried online and it was crashing, so called O2 direct @ 10am, not a store.

Took my order for a 128GB Silver 6+ (took about an hour), told me I would receive it on launch day.

Received my email to confirm and pay. Took me until 2.30pm to be able to get onto the site and complete this.

Started hearing rumours of 6 Plus being delayed on O2. Had an online chat with someone who assured me I would receive it on release date. Just as he was making his closing comments (thanks for contacting O2, have a nice day), he said that I would receive my phone "2-3 weeks from today", and disconnected the chat!!

Got on chat again and was told my phone would DISPATCH on the 19th and I'd get it 5-7 business days after that because "they obviously can't ship the phone before they actually receive it and it's out".

Got on twitter and was told the Plus would start SHIPPING FROM THE 19th.

Not happy at all.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
So glad I've left O2, their 3g is terrible and non-existent. For a network that supposedly spend a million per day on improving their 3g provision!

This is horrendous customer service, taking pre-orders and then saying you might get a phone on release date - it's borderline fraud.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
My missus works close to the local O2 store. She popped in on Thursday and they said they weren't getting the 6 Plus. I called the same store later and was told they won't get the 6 Plus instore until 7th October

On Friday at 8am I tried online and it was crashing, so called O2 direct @ 10am, not a store.

Took my order for a 128GB Silver 6+ (took about an hour), told me I would receive it on launch day.

Received my email to confirm and pay. Took me until 2.30pm to be able to get onto the site and complete this.

Started hearing rumours of 6 Plus being delayed on O2. Had an online chat with someone who assured me I would receive it on release date. Just as he was making his closing comments (thanks for contacting O2, have a nice day), he said that I would receive my phone "2-3 weeks from today", and disconnected the chat!!

Got on chat again and was told my phone would DISPATCH on the 19th and I'd get it 5-7 business days after that because "they obviously can't ship the phone before they actually receive it and it's out".

Got on twitter and was told the Plus would start SHIPPING FROM THE 19th.

Not happy at all.

Pretty much what happened to me also - was assured on Live Chat that I'd get the 6+ on the 19th, even though I was casting doubt on the credibility of how that would happen. Everything after that was the same story though, 2 to 3 weeks after the 19th :D

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Pretty much what happened to me also - was assured on Live Chat that I'd get the 6+ on the 19th, even though I was casting doubt on the credibility of how that would happen. Everything after that was the same story though, 2 to 3 weeks after the 19th :D

I actually feel conned. Luckily all providers appear to be in the same boat but I'd have probably gone somewhere else had I known I was being lied to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.